Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kwik Save - Nuneaton

Well, it is currently still there, but, now has some barriers around the front, so, I daresay work will begin very soon.
    Cool

AndyK

Stumbled on this searching google for stories on Kwik Save/Co-op Hall's impending doom.

I got my first part time job there, during the summer of 2002 when I left school. Worked weekends and the odd week night, and then holidays during time off from college. I went to uni in 2004, but returned to work in summer/christmas/easter hols up until 2007. Had a blast, still the best job I've had for the sheer fun we used to have. I'll be very sad to see it go. I wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for that place - quite literally! My nan and grandad met at a dance in the Co-op hall many moons ago.

While I worked there plans were drawn up to refurbish the whole place as a Somerfield and move the front of the store from facing Queen's Road to facing the car park instead. It was far too costly though, and it involved pretty much rebuilding the whole place from the basement to the roof. There were many problems with the roof during the years I worked there. During one winter water started pooring into Kwik Save through its ceiling, as damage to the very top of the building, and all the floors under it, was so bad that water got all the way through to the ground floor.

If anyone's up for chaining themselves to the building when the bulldozers arrive I'm all for it

They have knocked one side of the wall down to day (facing car park) you can see all the hall... I think its such a shame :-(
    www.djsupportphotography.com Free Photography Services

The Old Hall is slowly disappearing. The back has gone and the sides are coming down from the top.
    Cool

The Old Hall is fast disappearing... I have taken photos.. anyone interested?
    Cool

I have a week off now so will devote bit of time sorting the piccies and uploading them. At least it will be some sort of pictorial record of the Old Hall.
    Cool