Did you read about this!
Windows smashed because this multi million pound state of the art building is not manned from 8 at night. What did they expect.
Iwould have said from 4.30 pm as Ihave tried to get in at that time to report a boy with a knife sitting on a bench in the park - and they had gone. A-notice said something like- try Foleshill or Nuneaton. (I read it as "forget it")
I stopped a passing police car . they said they would deal with it .Iphoned at 7 to Nuneaton to ask if they had found him. they said, "we sent a car round but couldn't see anyone"--a likely story.As if a lad with a park.knife would hang around anyway if a cop-car was slowly encircling the park.
This building took ages to build and cost an unbelievable amount. Iworked opposite and watched it go up--taking photos too. It has gyms ,rest rooms , supersafe cells. They even have a helicopter pad. And you never see a copper who is not in a fast car.
What a waste of money. It has been rumoured for 3or 4 years of its closure.
However I've had an idea---what a good place to keep teenagers off the streets-(I don't mean in clink)--but it would be a ready made centre for a very large place for them to go with all sorts of things to do--or not do if they just want to hang around and pose and chat--the gyms and sports facilities and canteen stuff is already there and I did hear of a small cinema inside this vast building. And it should be free or cheap.
The cost of manning would surely be less than the cost of all the vandalism
in the town because they would have somewhere to go.
Ithink I'll suggest it to the council-- but from past experience I believe they will let it rot, if they dont use it for yet more council offices-I am sure they could find a few more quangos to fit in there.