Thread: hi all newbie

claires22

Default hi all newbie

hi all
    new to the site and just seen this section so thought id pop in and ask if there is any clubs in nuneaton? as i am really intrested in photography but find it hard to get the right advice ect.
    also i know that there is one in bulkington but feel alittle bit worried about going on my own before i know anyone (being the big girls blouse that i am ) i guess i could always drag along someone *wanders away to look at her phone book*

Administrator

Hi Claire!

I don't know of any in Nuneaton, but our Cathi goes to one in Bedworth, that might be worth a look at. There's a post she made in this section somewhere.

Welcome to the forums.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

cathidaw

No Will
    I go to one in Bulkington

claires22

thanks will for the welcome
    will go find the post

Chatterbox

Hi, welcome.
    Madhatter

claires22

Quote Originally Posted by optrex View Post
    Hi Claire, welcome to the forum

aww thanks guys for the lovely welcome
    are you all photographers?

no not really. I enjoy it and do some pro work now and then, but try not to if I can help it

I'm a pointNclickaholic. Rather than focus on a few good, well structured or arty piccies I tend to pointNclick... but then you can with digital... then delete any that don't make the grade, unlike films. You pay for developing then see things. It's all fun and good for reflecting upon later.
    Cool

cathidaw

hallo Newbe--are you a photographer?

Chatterbox

I do a bit. I've mainly got SLR film cameras, mainly canon, but also a old practica and a pentax.
    Only just getting in to digital.
    Madhatter

cathidaw

I sold all of my developing and printing stuff on e.bay last year and with the dosh bought a Canon slr digitalwhich is my pride., altho' I kept my pentax film camera. The first 'real' slr was a Zenit B which I still have "sentimental"-a completely manual heavy Russian job, which still takes good pics. but I have to use a light meter
    But last week I bought- for a friend- a Minolta 7000, complete with 2 lenses
    flashgun ,bag -the lot for £20.00. Now my friend has changed his mind about it -doesn't want it -so this weekend I hope to try it outwith a slide film.
    Idon't believe film cameras will ever die out.The otherweek Iwent to Focus at the N.e. c and was pleasantly surprised to see all of the new papers and films being launched.
    My darkroom days are over but not film which can now be sent for development and then printed on the computer.