Thread: Supreme Commander

Administrator

Default Supreme Commander

Since several of us have confessed to being geeks recently. I thought I'd admit my current addiction to this little game for the PC.

In short you have to build your factories and armies, then launch attacks against the enemy which is also trying to do the same. You have land, sea, and air crafts, as well as long rang weapons. You have a simple economy of gathering mass and producing power, which if you mess up can prevent you form constructing your armies.

What I love is you can zoom out to see the whole map, or zoom right in to almost a single unit in your army. Intelligence gathering is one of the keys to the game too, knowing what the enemy is up to.

There's so much more to do as well. Although you can play the game off-line, by far the main thrill is playing other people on-line. You can have up to 8 people all battling it out on one map, with allies or a free for all, or the best one is where you can switch your alliances.

Well there you go, that's my geeky recommendation for this week.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Administrator

Pretty new, wasn't available until a couple of weeks ago.

I bought command and conquer before that, and couldn't have been more dissapointed with it. I really enjoy stratergy games, and that one really didn't live up to the hype.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

which command and conquer??
    www.djsupportphotography.com Free Photography Services

Administrator

Yeah, didn't think much of it.

I'm still playing Supreme Commander online though, it's that good. Every game brings a new opponent with new tactics and fighting style. Great fun.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

i asked which one lol?? theres so many...

Red Alert
    Tiberium Wars
    Red Alert 2
    Tiberium Sun or summat(i have it sumwhere)
    Renagade
    Generals
    and a whole ost of add-on packs for them lol

Administrator

I bought the special addition pack with all of them.

The new one coming out looks good, but if it's the same kind of game engine as before, I won't be bothered by it.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

ahar well i play good old duke nukem 3d on my mobile phone thats all i play now a days and Sim City 4

Administrator

I haven't played computer games for years, but since I bought my laptop, I've rediscovered my taste for it. I've been playing computer games since I had my ZX spectrum.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

cathidaw

How about wargames ----the ones with little soldiers.

About 25 years ago my husband started the Bedworth Wargames Society.
    Every Friday night at Bedworth Civic hall they had more than 40 people playing there, so many, sometimes there were not enough tables.
    We all went to Stoneleigh and played at the town and country festival every year. They were good days.
    When he became ill, and left some of the older kids took over the committee and it closed.
    Many people were over 30 and up to 60, and many still meet in each others homes and converted garages to play every week.
    Mainly 25mm metal figures but some 15mm. We still have some of the beautifully painted armies, Napoleonic, English Civil War,American Civil war,to name but a few.
    Idid paint afew of them- mostly Lord of the Rings and Middle Earth but only played about 3 times.

Chatterbox

Fads and fashions cathidaw, my brothers used to go to that store and play war games, Games Work Shop, then it went out of Fasion and they stopped having in store games to the best of my knowledge.
    Madhatter