Thread: Dentist

BumbleBee

Default Dentist

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Warwick (or nearby)?

Would prefer one that is used to dealing with nervous patients

Thanks

Ooooer.... I have to be the perfect example of the person who hates, loathes and detests not only going to a dentist but finding one I can be comfortable with. I almost start sliding down the chair when they start the "Open wiiiiiiiiide" thing because I know full well that with TMJ - temporo mandibular jaw - that's a mouthful of words in itself before they even get the equipment in - having the jaw lock after is more likely than not.

I have just made an appointment with a dentist I have never been to. Need to have an abscess dealt with. Watch this space as I will report back after my visit on Saturday and let you know if I feel comfortable enough to return.
    Cool

Toad

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Warwick (or nearby)?

Would prefer one that is used to dealing with nervous patients

Thanks
    A bit late but if you are still in need check out AH Dentists on West Street. Have a look at Warwick Chamber of Trade - Home for the link to their site. Good Luck!

Unregistered

Unhappy Batman

Does anyone remember a Mrs Brayne or Brians dentist in Nuneaton. The most wicked unconscionable character I have ever known. I went to her as a 12 year old 30 years aggo and she would drill without anaesthetic to save money and would drill the front of the tooth and fill it with grey amalgam.

Unregistered

Default Mrs Brayne Brains?

Actually I remember now - her surgery was on a corner of Edward St. I wonder if this evil woman met her comeuppance? You would hope that the authorities would have nailed her? Anyone know anything. Long time ago I know but years and years of expensive remedial treatment due to her greed and wickedness.

There are some dentists that shouldn't be practicing, especially in the lack of hygiene department. As a child I remember we referred to our school dental clinic as The Murder House. Much disliked, and at the clinic that I went to much damage was caused to childrens teeth. Some of mine were filled, unnecessarily, with huge amalgam fillings.

About 10 years ago I went to a dentist in a country town which had a reputation for being very reasonable with charges. I didn't stay long. The hygiene standard - or rather the lack of - was appalling, not to mention frightening.

I have been to some very good dentists but you pay for what you get. We didn't have a system like NI which allegedly gives us access to dental treatment at a reduced price. I say allegedly because I have to pay private, in part, because if a dentist does not know how to deal with temporo mandibular jaw/syndrome then it's a huge problem.
    Cool