Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ghost stories

Margaret

That place definitely looks haunted. I wonder if they have ever thought of having an exorcist to rid the place of these restless spirits, whatever it is they do.

Default 10 Spookiest Places in Coventry & Warwickshire

rebbonk

Studley castle is allegedly haunted. I tried getting some of the staff to talk about it once, they all refused. - I've stayed there in the past and not seen anything, but that might be due to the good quality of their wine cellar.

Pillar of the Community

rebbonk

Too clean and clinical for me Gladys. I suspect some sort of fakery.

Now, this I find far more interesting...

Pillar of the Community

Jeepers Creepers, that is an odd one, can't explain that other than maybe a remote control and the shadow of the person operating it.

I posted these about the Meon Hill Witch Murder in the 'Interesting Murders' thread recently, and thought they'd be good for here too:
    http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/e...black-dog.html
    http://www.spookyisles.com/2012/04/t...hcraft-murder/

rebbonk

There's a tale that Magna park is haunted, but I know the truth about that one.

It was the former Bitteswell aerodrome owned by Hawker Siddeley. One night we half scared the foreman to death because he'd been a pain in the butt.

One of the group put on an old man's latex mask, RAF great-coat and chip-hat. Then he crept outside of the hangar and along to the foreman's office window. He tapped on the window and as the foreman looked up beckoned him. The foreman let out a terrible scream and almost needed a change of underwear. He never worked nights again, and we actually got more work done.

I'm generally sceptical about this kind of thing: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...reaks-11372843

rebbonk

Looks like a tailor's model to me. The lady next door keeps one in her conservatory as a deliberate ploy to make people think someone's at home.

Just down the road from me there's a contractor's yard. He leaves a hi viz vest with a hard hat atop it visible. First glance you really think there's someone there.