Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ghost stories

Pillar of the Community

Cathidaw, You are not alone in this ' been there but actually I haven't- well not in this life' feeling.What a wonderful story. I am sure there is concrete in what you have experienced.I have had this quite a few times and the strongest feeling comes when I hear Arabic spoken or have to eat pork because when it comes to it I simply can't eat pork. I've reasoned about it. The Arabic thing may come from having been brought up in the Middle East, the pork thing may come because when we came to the UK when I was 7 our house was right next door to a pig farm and I used to 'talk' to the sows who pressed up against the garden fence. What has developed since hearing Urdu spoken more and more is a funny tickle y feeling behind each ear. If I am right Urdu originates from Persia- please correct me if I am wrong. The thing is I just feel that beyond that, I now know I was and as I know I have genes that were.Do you think it is possible to have remnants of the behaviours/beliefs of the ancestors that brought you here? (Moti Begum Dalrymple- daughter of the Nawab of Masilupatnam) Similarly, you may see a person and for some unknown reason they are so familiar that you feel you have known them before. We've all had these inexplicable moments- science must one day expose some time warp we have all had some connection with.
    Last edited by Gladys; 18-06-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Clarification

As a direct descendant you will undoubtedly be carrying genes from Moti Begum Dalrymple as does your mother, grandfather, great grandfather and even your children. With regard to behaviours / beliefs, these are invariably passed from generation to generation, sometime with no other explanation other than, "Oh, it's something my mother/father/grandmother/grandfather did / believed in etc." Likely those people would have given a similar response. Sometimes the origins are known and explained and sometimes they are not.

On the other hand, depending upon your own personal beliefs, many of us have experienced meeting someone and feeling as though you had known them forever or even a long time ago and find yourself very in tune with them. The cells in our bodies vibrate at different levels and sometimes you encounter another who is at that same level although, equally, other factors such as how you are feeling can make a difference. On that basis you can feel in tune with them.
    Cool

Pillar of the Community

Quote Originally Posted by Shizara View Post
    As a direct descendant you will undoubtedly be carrying genes from Moti Begum Dalrymple as does your mother, grandfather, great grandfather and even your children. With regard to behaviours / beliefs, these are invariably passed from generation to generation, sometime with no other explanation other than, "Oh, it's something my mother/father/grandmother/grandfather did / believed in etc." Likely those people would have given a similar response. Sometimes the origins are known and explained and sometimes they are not.

On the other hand, depending upon your own personal beliefs, many of us have experienced meeting someone and feeling as though you had known them forever or even a long time ago and find yourself very in tune with them. The cells in our bodies vibrate at different levels and sometimes you encounter another who is at that same level although, equally, other factors such as how you are feeling can make a difference. On that basis you can feel in tune with them.
    Yes Shizara- This is somewhat how I have reasoned these moments. The reasoning has come from the discovery of these genes, prior to that I just was aware that I felt in such a way but didn't know why. Now I think I do but still it isn't a scientific bomb proof reason. The pork thing still leaves me with questions and I have not yet found the answers. They will come in time as with all else- when its time.

norbets1

Very interesting stories but I don’t believe in ghost because I never seen them in my real life I think all these things are like a myth.

Pillar of the Community

norbets!- I understand scepticism. Until you experience an event then I wouldn't expect anyone to believe in ghosts or supernatural happenings. I certainly didn't until I then did experience things. My man doesn't believe or rather he chooses not to. The recent watery event involving my son's XBox has too many variables to it. I don't think he can explain it but until he has an event that occurs just for him I don't think he will then become 'open' to there being a possible supernatural cause.

Pillar of the Community

Mari-Exactly.Until it happens to you and or it repeats because ' it ' knows you are sceptical. I do not think anyone should or could believe it. It is a very personal and privileged event. Forget what anyone else judges- its your experience.

Pillar of the Community

Hi All, I just thought I'd share the latest little event. On Thursday we met up with old friends over from Australia. The meeting place is known for its ghosts and is an historic building anyway; The Royal Anchor Hotel at Liphook in Hampshire. 'The Royal Anchor dates from the 16th C. with a pub previously being on the site since the 14th C. This was an important stop on the London-Portsmouth coaching route and lists Wellington, Nelson, Lady Hamilton and Queen Victoria among its past resident' Scroll to the 2nd picture on this link http://www.homesteadbb.free-online.co.uk/hants.html This building still houses the gaol cells in the cellars which are untouched today although in recent years for what ever unknown incomprehendable logic the council has allowed updating in plastic in much of the building. They used to keep the prisoners there en route to the Asizes in London.
    Well, lunch done meet up concluding, we all set about visiting the 'little girls' room. These facilities lie at the end of the building away from everything else. The corridor to them is comprised of old stone with stone flagged floor and a blocked up doorway again in stone but you can make the outline out. It feels more like 18th century in this bit. I was the last to go after everyone else. Alone I stood washing my hands and turned to the dryer to feel a breeze past me and then to see a cubicle door swing open and then shut but no one there. No windows open either. I felt a distinct presence and quite uncomfortable as it was frightening. I couldn't wait to get back to where people were and I literally walked very fast but daren't let my back to the scene needing to keep my eyes on the door that was now ajar but still. The hackles were up on my neck and I shivered a little with the moment which was noted by the rest of the party with whom I shared this event. We are told that at the other end of the building upstairs, it is noticeably cooler in temperature and no one likes to go there alone. Things do go 'bump' in the night.
    Last edited by Gladys; 07-07-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Mari

Didn't you want to say anything to it Gladys?
    I wonder if ghosts can sense if there is a person there.

Pillar of the Community

I was frozen with fear at this presence and then panic at the need to get away. It wasn't a friendly one although I did quantify at the time that had it been very nasty it would have done more than brush through the door. It felt like it intended to make sure I knew it was there as though I was intruding on its space. Like a statement.

Pillar of the Community

I don't think and don't believe the presence I felt at The Anchor passed through me. It passed by me and was in the room.

Donatien 1992, how are you left feeling from what you felt with this event? Dependant on how you are left feeling about it and your belief perhaps you should speak to and share this with a spiritual person? Where was this? ie- is your study place in an old buidling or has it got history? What was the home work about, how was your frame of mind at the time etc?

Pillar of the Community

amgel03, I feel priviledged to have been ' chosen ' / ' gifted ' / ' open ' enough to have received them.I am not sure which it is but maybe some of all of those. I don't and didn't seek any events out, they just happened and I am not left traumatised by them which seems to be how you have been affected. Whilst you haven't expanded on your events which I take as you probably want to put them as far behind you as possible but it really would help you to speak to some one about them so they don't lie festering in your ' psyche cupboard.' Then hopefully if you have enough trust in the person you share them with they will lose the power they have had on you. How does your Partner feel about them?You too are priviledged but I am sure it doesn't feel like it. If its happened once to you then it is likely you'll experience other events because you are 'open' to them.If this happens it would be comforting to know you don't have to fear them. The presence in The Anchor was scarey but I am not fearful to the point I'd never go back. In fact, I'd like to go back to challenge it to see if it happens again just to find out and to cement the fact it was real. These things are often surreal; they leave you wondering even though you know they did happen.

cathidaw

I haven't had any ghostly experiences for ages , but sometimes I have feelings of having been there before. When I went to NEWCASTLE UPON tyne fr instance for the first time.Much later I discovered that my Grandparents had been born there, where the football ground is now.
    Another time I was in an derelict farmyard , with my husband, tending to a poorly horse in an old stable -- as one does at midnight on Christmas eve --whenthe person it belonged to had gone to university and left it with us.
    I felt or maybe had images in my mind of children dressed as they were early in the century with pinnies on, bows in their long hair running about inthecobbled yard.None of them wore shoes so I assumed they were very poor.I always intended to draw the scene but never did.Irecall it now , even down to the rainwater butt under a pipe -which was no longer there, and a dog and kittens.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 21-09-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Pillar of the Community

Yes, I have also had a notion of having been somewhere before except not in this life time. Now you've recalled that memory, Cathidaw, why not draw it? Do you have any idea about the history of that farmyard and the family/ families that lived there?

cathidaw

I am trying to find out from the community centre where I work.There is a thriving genealogy group on the same day.Someone may be interested to find out for me

Pillar of the Community

Hopefully, they'll uncover the story but if they do, please share it. Some County Councils also hold historical archives especially about properties, why not ask yours? You may be referred to the Land Registry though which costs but its still worth a go.

Pillar of the Community

I know its ' that time of Year' but really, this has to be a hype with this in mind. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-windows.html

If they found bones which are believed to be human I know the police have to be informed. The bones are then examined and are reburied in consecrated ground. Were they informed? How true is this story, does anyone know or even may have visited the place?