Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to move to Warwickshire

Red face I want to move to Warwickshire

I would really like to relocate to Warwickshire from Kent and would welcome any advice/suggestions of the best way of going about this, eg finding somewhere to live, jobs, schools etc. Its very difficult trying to sort out housing/employment when living such a distance. So please help somebody,
    with regards
    sal 1

Administrator

Welcome Sal,

Are you after any kind of particular employment? How far are you willing commute? Would you prefer a countryside or town loaction?

Give us an idea of what you're hoping for, and we'll see what we can come up with.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Default moving to warwickshire

Hi
    Thanks for your reply.
    I would prefer the countryside, but town would also suit. I am versatile in the type of work I am qualified to do. Ideally looking for Customer service roles, Admin/office and scientific research such as lab assistant. Would also suit working within a university, librarian for example. I have a child so I don't really want a job which involves working evenings or weekends.
    I really would welcome any advice on how I go about relocating. I look forward to hearing from you.
    All the best
    SAL

Chatterbox

Any specific reason you'd like to move here sal?
    Madhatter

Hi
    My roots are in West Midlands area, sprecifically Warwickshire. Everytime I visit I fall more in love with the place. Get very homesick when I return to Kent and dream of the day I move back for good. My son has fallen in love with Warwickshire too.

Hi
    Many thanks for message. I will certainly investigate this company.
    Sal

Sal there is a scientific research lab in warwickshire - i think there more into food research but theyre a big company - there based in chipping campden - im sure if you google it youll find some details . Chipping campden is North cotswolds - a very expensive place to live however lots of areas within 10 ish miles are more reasonable - they have an excellent school there too and many other local schools are of a good standard- i went to campden school and its at the top of its class in the uk .
    I live in stratford and love warwickshire - it very central to loads of excellent places , youve a good mix of cities and countryside all around you .

Next Train's Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by sal1 View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply.
    I would prefer the countryside, but town would also suit. I am versatile in the type of work I am qualified to do. Ideally looking for Customer service roles, Admin/office and scientific research such as lab assistant. Would also suit working within a university, librarian for example. I have a child so I don't really want a job which involves working evenings or weekends.
    I really would welcome any advice on how I go about relocating. I look forward to hearing from you.
    All the best
    SAL
    Your best bet for jobs is prob in Coventry - 2 Unis, lots of libraries and some large companies like Barclays, Peugot, Jaguar, etc. That gives you plenty of scope for living in the countryside, as most of Cov's employment areas seem to be on the outskirts. Although I have noticed a lot of offfices around Rugby.

Chatterbox

Which part of Warwickshire are you thinking of moving to, or would prefer to move to sal? What are your priority requirements other than work?
    Madhatter

Hi Lex
    thanks so much for your message and possible job areas. I appreciate it.
    Sal

Hi
    Many thanks for all the info, I will appreciate any info on employment opportunities, good schools etc. thanks again
    Sal

Thanks Leofric for all the job tips, welcome all the info I can get.
    Sal

Hi madhatter,
    I would prefer to move to the Coventry area, stratford-Upon-Avon or Nuneaton, as I know these areas, but I would also consider other areas, especially with recommendation. I need to find somewhere to live (obviously) for my son and myself and a good school for my son. Any feedback would be much appreciated and thanks for message.
    Sal

Chatterbox

I only really know Nuneaton And atherstone well. Avoid Camp hill and Blackatree estate like the plague. Rough rough rough, you don't want your son in that.
    Leofric thinks Atherstone is pikey, but we only have 2 closes and one small street like that here, Mancetter tends to be rougher.
    Coventry is a city, kids don't in my opinion belong in cities. I like it here in Atherstone because the fields are never far away.
    I assume you'll be looking for somewhere to rent?
    Madhatter

Next Train's Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
    I only really know Nuneaton And atherstone well. Avoid Camp hill and Blackatree estate like the plague. Rough rough rough, you don't want your son in that.
    Leofric thinks Atherstone is pikey, but we only have 2 closes and one small street like that here, Mancetter tends to be rougher.
    Coventry is a city, kids don't in my opinion belong in cities. I like it here in Atherstone because the fields are never far away.
    I assume you'll be looking for somewhere to rent?
    I've never been to Atherstone, but a colleague from Nuneaton says it's a bit pikey.

Why don't kids belong in cities? I was brought up in a small town and hated it - I would have loved to have been brought up in a city.

Hi madhatter,
    It sounds like you know whats good for kids and I thanl you for considering this in your area suggestions. I love the countryside myself, but my son prefers city life. I definately don't want to live in rough areas and as far as Athestone is concerned I don't mind Pikeys providing they don't thieve or kidnap children. I am looking to rent. Cheers Madhatter.