Thread: Wireless Network Help Needed

torchomatic

Default Wireless Network Help Needed

Hi All

I've just set up a wireless network in my house and I now have my laptop happily using my PCs broadband connection.

Could someone helpful techie out there explain to me how I share my files and folders between my PC and my laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

I don't know if this will work as it's not quite the same thing as what I have. But on your computers, double click on 'My Computer', then right click on the drive you want to share and click on 'properties'. There is an option there called 'Sharing' if you click on that it should explain what you need to do from there.

One word of warning though, with wireless networks. Other people may be able to access your files through your wireless connection, quite easily if you have allowed sharing. There should be instructions on what is best to avoid other people doing this.

Hope that's some help.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

torchomatic

Thanks, Will.

I did actually go through some of that, right clicking, properties, "share on the network", etc, but my laptop and desktop still can't see the folders on the other machine and vice versa.

I have Zone Alarm on my main PC, maybe, that's causing a little confusion.

try connecting a network cable into them and then on the where the time is go by the computer with to computers. Then try to go to my network places. If you have xp go to add network places.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by torchomatic View Post
    Thanks, Will.

I did actually go through some of that, right clicking, properties, "share on the network", etc, but my laptop and desktop still can't see the folders on the other machine and vice versa.

I have Zone Alarm on my main PC, maybe, that's causing a little confusion.
    Just go to my network places

Chatterbox

Did you sort this? to share I'm sure two pc's have to be on the same network, usually 'home'.
    Madhatter