Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: The Story Game

cathidaw

..ell, 'he's making it up and doesn't know really what they did. I think he's 'armless--hee.hee get it? "he giggled." I meant legless".
    Cleopatra was not amused. "Poor thing," she said,"Let's see...I wonder if cat over there could work a bit of his magic on him to patch him up. A few screws in the right place or if not a bit of No Nails might do the trick, and a drop of oil to stop that racket.Now Elvis , stop that silly giggling and talk to cat nicely-he likes you better 'n me. If that don't work we'll have to......................
    Last edited by cathidaw; 13-01-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Pillar of the Community

ask the broom refurbishers if they could fit Robot in for a complete overhaul except that would take some real wheeler dealering and Cat didn't think this was his sort of skill. The old woman had cottoned on to his thoughts and decided as they were on a mission to somewhere, except none of them knew where, she'd best book the old Rust Bucket in so they could carry on their way. She'd seen on the Icat gizmo a button which signaled to the broom Team that contact was required so she pushed it. A red glow came from a pad below the Icat thing and a voice could be heard saying ' You rang?' The old woman lent forward and proceeded to explain the dilemma. The voice replied that any challenge was right up their street and the thought of reprogramming a Robot Gizmo was one well worth having a go at except they couldn't guarantee what it would end up as. That wasn't any worry of theirs nor of the crew aboard the broom. The deal was struck as an experimental ' no returns ' type of thing which the details of which the old bat decided were better not told to the Robot which was by now clanking and whirring the most awful of sounds in a worried nervous response to the whispering that it was witnessing aboard the broom. With a spit to her hand and a slap on the Icat pad the arrangement was sealed. She turned toward the Robot saying .....

cathidaw

"Nah me old mate , we got it sorted. Stop yer shivering ,yer gettin' o our nerves wi' all that racket.Yer'll be jus' like NOO when yer finished. Yer won't know yersen."
    'An we might not either' she thought.
    An' dont start that cryin' agen. Yer always was a softee girls blouse, but yer'l rust yersen up an' then yer wont be able ter move at all" The old woman wiped rust coloured tears away with the skirt of her ragged dress, showing her large grey bloomers.
    "Cummon now. cheer yersen up. It don't matter what yer look like when yer all done up-we'll all luv yer".
    She turned to cat and broom, and the two spiders who were hiding and peeping from behind broom. "That's right aint it me colleegs?"
    She put her hand to her ear, and bawled ."Aint it mates?" Broom did a sideways wriggle, knocking Elvis into Cleo, who nodded vigorously , and cats eyes glowed so brightly they could hardly see.-all meaning yes.
    "Right " the old witch said. "Oonanious, so in the mornin' we'll get that..............................
    Last edited by cathidaw; 16-01-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Pillar of the Community

cyber space set aside for yer transportation to the fitters.' The cat looked at Cleo who in turn looked at Elvis and in Unison they blurted at the old woman ' Cyber space ? ' ' Yer, well, the old rust bucket aint goin to mek it there in 'is shape on his own so e'll need teleporting so as e turns up with all 'is attachments and rachets, won't 'e now?' Fed up with the questions, the old woman rubbed a dry rust spot from her hand with the edge of the skirt and then dug deep into the old swag bag that hung on the hook at the seat on the broom. She seemed to be delving very deep to the point she nearly fell in but eventually....

cathidaw

dragged out a screwed up pack of Salvation Army charity bags."I fink if we wrap a few of these round it we won't lose any of is bits."They all set to-unravelling the bags and trying to get Robot well covered. they were all worn out by the time they finished wrapping this awkward shaped parcel and flopped on the grass.Suddenly there was a muffled noise."get me out , get me out."A faint voice squeaked.
    "OO THE 'ELLS THAT.Shouted the old woman" scared, her face going green.The others looked around. "Oos missin' she said trying to count who wasn't there She wasn't much good at counting and gave up.
    "Get me out"-came again. Cleo looked around. "It's my poor Elvis" she was tearful-"He's in the parcel".
    It was nearly dark by the time he was out, and the package done up, and everyone was in a bad temper.

"Damned black spiders", wailed the old woman, flopping wearily on the grass. "I fink my time 'as come..too old fer this lark. I might 'av ter get Aunt Beshlies spell book out, ter sort me aht"
    Cat's eyes rolled and sparked in the darkness.He remembered her efforts at spell boiling when it all went wrong last time-and he got the blame when he couldn't find any eyes of frogs, and instead brought her some....................

cathidaw

dragged out a screwed up pack of Salvation Army charity bags."I fink if we wrap a few of these round it we won't lose any of is bits."They all set to-unravelling the bags and trying to get Robot well covered. they were all worn out by the time they finished wrapping this awkward shaped parcel and flopped on the grass.Suddenly there was a muffled noise."get me out , get me out."A faint voice squeaked.
    "OO THE 'ELLS THAT.Shouted the old woman" scared, her face going green.The others looked around. "Oos missin' she said trying to count who wasn't there She wasn't much good at counting and gave up.
    "Get me out"-came again. Cleo looked around. "It's my poor Elvis" she was tearful-"He's in the parcel".
    It was nearly dark by the time he was out, and the package done up, and everyone was in a bad temper.

"Damned black spiders", wailed the old woman, flopping wearily on the grass. "I fink my time 'as come..too old fer this lark. I might 'av ter get Aunt Beshlies spell book out, ter sort me aht"
    Cat's eyes rolled and sparked in the darkness.He remembered her efforts at spell boiling when it all went wrong last time-and he got the blame when he couldn't find any eyes of frogs, and instead brought her some....................

Pillar of the Community

Sighs of Dogs which he'd found in the bargain bucket lucky dip at the magic fair they'd all gone to last time the circus came to town. They were a blind dip because they were hidden in a brown paper bag so you didn't know what ' luck ' you got until you got it! That was a mess he ended up in after that little escapade and he was sure he didn't want to repeat the exercise again. Diving into the bag , Cat searched through for the wand because that was a safe bet . If he could get the old woman to wave that in the right direction, then there would be no need for the spell book. ' Aha.' He announced to himself on locating the idle object snoozing in the bottom corner, snoring contentedly to itself for several months. However, on grabbing hold of it the wand let a screech if indignant words; ' Ahh, you been an waken me for what? I'll....'

cathidaw

be in a rotten mood now,and can't do any magic. It always 'appens when I'm woke up too quick.
    I need me best friend Poppadov to put me magic back in me wand. but I don't know wher 'e is.
    E's the best magician in the world an' tort me all I know.Yer'll' 'ave ter find 'im if yer want me wand workin' agen."
    He jumped from cat's hand and snuggled back into the bag,then said sleepily, "Oo - an' wen yer find im ask im ter bring me speshull cloak e borrered off me, about 1963, I think it was."
    Cat stared around, eyes glinting at broom, who wriggled and.................................

Pillar of the Community

swished in a shrugging sort of way as if to say ' how lazy is that!' Cat had to agree because the wand had been snoozing happily all this time to the point they'd actually forgotten it was there. Cat had had enough at realising this and reached back into the bag grabbing the idle stuck stick from its slumber. He telepathically told the waste of space that it was high time to get it together or else if the old woman started bumbling her way through spell making they'd all end up in a great deal of bother. Poppodov and the cloak will have to wait. With a shove Cat pointed the wand into the black star lit sky and waited. In fact they all waited for what seemed an age. Tapping his paws with impatience, Cat started to growl. The old woman had been oblivious until then. She turned and ....

raised her arms in the air, her gnarly old hands with the long, dirt encrusted talons emitting sparks, her straggly grey hair suddenly becoming electrified and her eyes glowing red. She reared up, took a raspy breath and was about to screech at them in anger when the wand suddenly woke up and started dancing. Dancing to what you might ask? All eyes went to *that* bag, the bag that randomly played the 1812 when no one was expecting it but this time it had started to play Saturday Night Fever and the wand was dancing to it.. The old hag, for a moment, let her guard down, her eyes fixated on the wand and her ears couldn't believe what they were hearing. In that brief moment, she was fascinated by the activities of her wand and her bag. The bag especially was full of surprises and she was pleased with herself for creating this bag of mystery that was also useful for carrying things around. Mary Poppins had nothing on her.

The moment passed and she tried to regain her position and indeed, her posture with her arms raised and ready to call down all manner of things to anyone else interfering with her bag... HER bag. Cat and co sat still, not trusting her for a minute as she was rather like the British weather and changes frequently. Wracking her wiley, old brain she thought and thought and thought...... Eventually falling into a deep slumber. Interestingly, it was during that slumber that amazing things began to happen..... She pressed the doorbell at the home of ...

Whilst she was in this deep slumber Cat got to thinking about this Poppodov character or more accurately the wizard...
    Last edited by Shizara; 09-05-2015 at 10:20 AM.
    Cool

The old hag opened her crusty eyes, squinted at the bright sunlight, she had only just woken, yet, she felt exhausted. Sitting up, she looked around her, where was her broom? Cat? She reached out for her bag which had cobwebs all over it. Brushing them off she opened the bag and talk about waking the dead, it belted out the 1812. Suddenly, there was a swirling cloud of dust and before her stood....
    Cool

cathidaw

what looked like a bundle of sari rags tied to a broom handle with a pair of heavy boots at the bottom.It started marching on the spot to the rousing loud music.
    A red face appeared through the rainbow coloured rag at the top. The hag cowered, and crept behind cat,'Wassat' she whispered to cat.'Yer gorra save me , me friend from this ghou.'
    Cat had been dozing and squinted with one eye then jumped high up from the ground on his four legs.He yowled joyfully as the bundle of rags spoke.
    "'Allo me old friend Jetcat, 'avent seen you for yonks.
    "Oi know yer needed me, so I bet yer need yer magic toppin' up a bit don'cher?
    I said all those years ago ,all yer 'ave ter do is dream abart me an' oll be there fer yer."
    He did a twirl.
    "Like me outfit mate ?- thought oi'd gerrabit colourful in me old age, so I bin in India for the last year or so although Oi coulder saved me money an'gone ter Birmingum fer me colours. Any'ow, it's me, yer old friend Poppadov under all this clobber, allus ready ter 'elp an old friend. He did another exotic twirl and.......
    Last edited by cathidaw; 22-04-2016 at 10:52 PM.

..... .... a cloud of theatrical, purple smoke appeared, Poppodov picked up his wand and with deft movements of the wrist caught the swirling smoke on the tip like it was candy floss, except this wasn't a delightful, spun sugar treat that you wanted to just devour like a child in a fair ground, This wasn't a fairground with carousels, coconut shies and roller coasters, something the old hag knew about but had never experienced. Her old friend Poppodov knew exactly what the old hag needed. Poppodov, in his colourful sari rags suddenly stood up, cat's eyes turned into gigantic saucers and waited for the 'hit' This time Poppodov was going to boost the dose of magic for the old hag, the cat, her broom and the tatty, old bag thatused to play the 1812 at the most incredibly random moments. Without further ado he waved his wand with the theatrical, purple smoke, pointing it to the old hag, then the cat. the tatty, old bag and the broom. The swirling smoke, with the accompanying dramatics of thunder and lightening. They had all braced themselves and the 'hit' arrived, sending the cat flying, the broom launching itself in the air for a test flight around the room, the bag opened, some bats flew out having been disturbed from their long slumber and it immediately started playing o/' We'll, meet again, don't know when... o/' and realising it had forgotten to change the record slammed shut then reopened with a loud rendition of the 1812. The old hag, with her magic rejuvenated got up and....
    Cool