Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Story Game

noticing that the old hag had become fed up with trudging through mud and had stopped to make a broom. The cat sat down and watched. There was little doubt, that with a bit of help from the cat the broom would fly, however, the cat also realized that this would mean dinner would be delayed until evening but decided it would be worth the wait.

At last, the broom was finished and the old hag got up, stretched her aching back and inspected her handiwork. By now, it was evening the moon was shining and she picked up the broom, calling the cat "On yer get and work yer magic!" The cat perched itself on the back of the broom, the old hag climbed on and the eyes of the cat began to glow, the fur began to bristle and an aura of magic surrounded the cat, suddenly the old hag cackled and the broom roared off into the moonlight in search of the promised salmon.

After a short time they came to a river. Lo and behold, they didn't need to nick salmon, but the old hag needed to catch one of the many that were on their way up stream. Looking around for a suitable object that she could use to go fishing the old hag then...
    Cool

cathidaw

Looked around furtively. 'Don't ya dare turn round' she hissed to the cat.
    She lifted up her skirts and peeled off one pair of the numerous pairs of long legged old fashioned knickers she wore.Straightening up wearily she knotted the bottom of each leg, pushed the cat off the broom and...

attached the knotted knickers to the broom and attempted to catch some salmon. Her skirts now hitched up she stepped into the icy cold water thinking oOo... Eh.. what I do for that cat ...oOo but the cat just sat, calmly licking its paws and face waiting for dinner.

Suddenly, the old hag managed to 'net' a fish, but in doing so slipped into the water, muttering things you wouldn't want to know about she quickly swung the homemade net up, waded out of the cold water and put the fish down in front of the cat. The cat, who couldn't believe its eyes - she actually caught a fish with those tatty old knickers - pounced on the fish and began to devour it. As for the old hag she soon realized that the cat didn't plan to share and she would have to catch another, so back into the water she went and as she was about to swing her net into the fish that were leaping around a mist came down and .....
    Cool

cathidaw

surrounded them all, a real pea souper. She sank with a bump into the middle of her wet clothes and started to cry."Poor me, oh woe is me". she wailed. "all wet and miserable and nobody cares, even me cat wot I look after before mesel, even when oi'm a starvin' As she sat there, her eyes all swollen, she heard a gentle rattling, purry sound, and something leaning against......

her arm. Looking around she saw her cat. Clearly she had been forgiven and the cat was ready to go home. Knocking the broom down and seating itself on the bristles the cat glowed and waited for the old hag to climb on board. Positioning herself on the broom the old hag cackled and the broom roared off into the night with the cat nav directing from the bristles. "At the next hill, bear left" purred the cat.

Soon, they arrived at their destination and the old hag parked the broom outside the door and entered her home to find....
    Cool

Mari

....that she hat a visitor, it was her sister Nelly.
    With an air of anxiety, Nelly finally said, wher've ya bin, Oi've waited 'ere since last noit and was about send out a witch party, now get yourself changed out of that tatty old drenched skirt and coat and sit by the fire oi kindled for yer return. The cat purred with contentment, and curled up on the rug by the fire as though nothing had ever happened. Stripped and wrapped in a towel, the old Hag said, oooohh what a relief Nelly dear, O'im perishin cold, oooooyaaahh, me poor old creaky bones, oi'm down to me last pair of bloomers because of that cat. Oi could murder a good hearty bowl of lizard soup.
    No sooner had she mentioned soup, Nelly returned from the kitchen with a piping hot bowl of lizard soup and said to the old Hag, now you get that down yer old girl, Oi 'ave ter go on an errand to do with someone selling jewellry, Oi'll be back at around midnoit, an moind, say nothin to no one.............The hours went by and the clock was about to strike midnight when there was a great commotion outside the front door and the sound of horses hoofs and rickety cartwheels rumbling up the pebbled drive. The old Hag shot to the window and peeped furtively through the net curtains , her heart thumping............
    Last edited by Mari; 22-06-2012 at 12:43 PM.

It was her Uncle Murgatroyd, he has become the head of the family. Quite sprightly for a man of his age. he stepped out of the carriage and with a straight back marched up to the old hag's door and hammered on it. Once she had realized who it was she had whizzed around like a whirling dervish and quickly made herself presentable - well, as much as she was able to bearing in mind she didn't exactly have a wardrobe bursting with clothes and was down to her last pair of knickers.

The cat, aware that someone of great importance had arrived jumped up and stood behind the old hag...
    Cool

Pillar of the Community

Peering from behind her wrinkled stockinged legs. He eyed the visitor cautiously and mirrored his mistress's movements as she stepped to motion him in. The tall figure swept into the dark damp dusty den as if he had always been there. He stood for a moment to take stock of the contents of the vision that lay strewn around him and the niece who looked on somewhat awkwardly as he did so. Errr, Uncle, I'd have brewed up a stew if I knew you was coming but as you see I have hardly had a chance to swing the cat. Sit down 'ere she said as she hastily dusted down the chair by the fire. At this the fire suddenly started to spit and burn with a fizz of life she was taken back by it and for a split second she....

cathidaw

Quote Originally Posted by Shizara View Post
    her arm. Looking around she saw her cat. Clearly she had been forgiven and the cat was ready to go home. Knocking the broom down and seating itself on the bristles the cat glowed and waited for the old hag to climb on board. Positioning herself on the broom the old hag cackled and the broom roared off into the night with the cat nav directing from the bristles. "At the next hill, bear left" purred the cat.

Soon, they arrived at their destination and the old hag parked the broom outside the door and entered her home to find....
    Yo got me giggling all day...............Catnav.....witch hunt. no chance to swing the cat .........what a clever bunch you allare.
    Can't write any more yet for laughing.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 23-06-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Mari

.....she remember her old Uncle Murgatroyd was in the antiques trade and wondered how much the flying broom would fetch on the open market. Murgatroyd looked around in despair at her humble dewlling, where she lived, trying to see if there was anything of any value she had kept. His eyes settled on an old Queen Victoria commode, which was put to use as a ...............
    Last edited by Mari; 23-06-2012 at 03:41 PM.

cathidaw

p special hiding place to keep her magic potions cool and out of the way of the cat. Some of them were so highly potent that sometimes the fumes, when the commode was opened caused.............

Pillar of the Community

the local authority to send out The Team to the sewerage works to test the ventilation. She knew one more send out this week would bring their attentions towards her little shed shack called home. Last time they'd been poking their rods down the drains in the lane- that was close enough. She caught her Uncle's eyes focusing in closer on the 'ol po closet.' Mmmm ', he uttered under his breath scratching the goaty beard that hung from his chin like the threads from the mussels she scrubbed for her stew. He leant forward, stretched out his knarled fingered hand and stroked at the wood. She cringed at the thought of his next move and literally held.....

cathidaw

her breath. Fortunately he didn't want to look obviously interested so he pulled his hand away. 'Phew' she thought 'I'll av ter move that stuff before e comes agen.If this place is shut down I'll 'ave ter get back ter the vicarage agen, and the vicar's wify aint gonna like it after wot appened last time with me speshul brew and her own scraggy old cat.'
    "Cuppa tea vicar...er I mean uncle?"
    She remembered he liked plenty of...................

Pillar of the Community

milk but where was the bottle? She remembered she'd given it to the cat earlier. Blast she thought and then turned to the old man to say' Uncle- the tea is off- soup's the best in weather like what we got today. She went to the couldron that bubbled on the hearth, picked up the ladle (spelling?) and spooned some into a bowl. A curious green hew began to surface from it as she carried it towards him. He looked at it and then ...

cathidaw

he said, 'Hope it tastes better than it looks, my old fishpond's clearer than that'.
    Slowly he lifted it to his lips, and a very surprised look spread over his face. He stood up abruptly...................

Pillar of the Community

to feign a cough and to spill the mess that continued to bubble and fizz as the green mist spread from the puddle now on the floor before him. He looked closer and so did she. He could barely believe it but it seemed to be morphing into a jelly which also fizzed and ....