Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mysql

From my experience I get very slow loads at certain times of day. I also get timeouts.

Best thing to do is track a sites uptime with a webtracker and see for yourself. If you know their host, so much the better. Then at least you have hard facts and figures.

MWF gets a small glitch very occasionally if they have to reset a cluster for the mysql. Usually about 2am and may affect 1 user, by the time they hit refresh its back up.

The golden rule though with shared hosting - the host is only as reliable as the server you are put on. That is why so many people have differing views.

Chatterbox

What do you think to this one ? it has unlimitited my sql but charges a nominal amount for each. Not sure what they mean that I'd only need one though.
    Madhatter

Chatterbox

Red face

https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/ helps if i give the url doesn't it lol
    Madhatter

I did wonder.....

so I'd be paying $6.20 per month for storage and $30 bandwidth - no thanks!

Chatterbox

Is it an expensive way then?
    Madhatter

Depends on your uasage doesn't it really. But I did notice you picked a US host again

Chatterbox

two questions to clarify. Do i need five database for five sites that each have their own log in, because that nearly free speach has confused me...
    How many MySQL databases can I have?

"A MySQL process can contain as many databases as you wish. You can also create multiple MySQL processes if you wish, but doing so will cost more than placing all your databases in a single process."

and if i can't use a database for chat how do i do it. although i don't know why im bothering chat won't get used.
    Madhatter

Chatterbox

two questions to clarify. Do i need five database for five sites that each have their own log in, because that nearly free speach has confused me...

"A MySQL process can contain as many databases as you wish. You can also create multiple MySQL processes if you wish, but doing so will cost more than placing all your databases in a single process."

and if i can't use a database for chat how do i do it. although i don't know why im bothering chat won't get used.
    Madhatter

Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
    Do i need five database for five sites that each have their own log in,
    yes

as many as you want by the looks of things

remote hosted or mirc, but dont bother it wont get used

Chatterbox

Think you miss understood, i won't be going with them, it's that processes bit that confuses me

A MySQL process can contain as many databases as you wish. You can also create multiple MySQL processes if you wish, but doing so will cost more than placing all your databases in a single process."

what is a process? and does that affect aso or 1n1?
    Madhatter

you can have as many things using one database as you like they can be prefixed so there all unique in what they add to the database but for easy management and speed it would be best to have independant Mysqls for each forum etc,

and why not wait for PHPBB 3 im so waiting for this release! it's big its better and its due to be Release Candidate any time soon!!
    www.djsupportphotography.com Free Photography Services

Chatterbox

Hello again mate, I knew you'd post in this thread . Thanks for the tip, I do, I'll stick to the proboards forums till then. gonna use vbulletin for atherstone though.
    Madhatter