Thread: River Leam death...

Default River Leam death...

Does anyone know what happened in the case of that 17 year old lad whose body's was found in the River this time last year?

Know somebody got arrrested and then released but has that case moved on or do the police just think the boy feel in on accident?

Read the stories in the local paper and he sounded like a very popular and kind guy.

Did any of you know him?

Hopefully the family will get some kind of justice or truth?

Administrator

Was the one that was found near the bridge? If so I don't know whether they ever found out what happened, it must be a very difficult time for the parents.

Wasn't there some speculation that he might of fallen in?
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Administrator

Welcome to the forum BTW Mark.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Was the one that was found near the bridge? If so I don't know whether they ever found out what happened, it must be a very difficult time for the parents.

Wasn't there some speculation that he might of fallen in?
    Maybe..it was shown on Crimewatch I think and the lad had been drinking with some friends before they both left him on a bench by the River Leam and he has 'disppeared' when his mate came back.

That was the last I read really.

As you say it must be hard for the family and I guess they might never find out even through an inquest.

Thanks for the welcome.

Steve W

This may not sound very nice, but I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion by the local press.

He got very drunk, got into an argument with a friend who then left him alone, he stumbled over and fell in the river. Because he was drunk he was unable to focus enough to get himself out of what must have been a strong current, and drowned. In my opinion, that's all that happened. He was not murdered.

He was only 17, yet the St Patrick's club sold him alcohol, despite them knowing full well he wasn't old enough, after all, he worked there as a glass collector. I think the owners of the St Patrick's Club should feel responsible for his death, because if they hadn't sold him alcohol he would still be alive today.

The whole inquest thing and all of that I think has been so unnecessary. I feel for his parents, I really do, but why have they chosen to grieve in public through the media and press, and not in private, amongst themeselves and those who knew Jack? The sooner they decide to let it go and move on, the better for everyone I feel.

DELETED

Sorry for any offence caused.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-02-2007 at 08:30 PM.