Thread: Storms likely this weekend

Arrow Storms likely this weekend

Well this week we are all set to go. Winds will be building overnight and will bring some very severe weather to all parts of the UK during the next 24 hours.

A tornado watch is in operation at present from anywhere south of a line from Anglesey to The Wash, so that includes us!

A reminder to keep an eye open for flood warnings and try to get youself familiarised with the new met office warning system, because its very confusing!

Bang on with the weather again Optrex. I see too from today's paper "100 mph storms then blizzards." We have already had a taste of the weather and I see the Londoners had a tornado.
    Cool

Yes indeed we've been kept busy with the tornado coverage. Lots of catching up to do when I got in today. What paper forecast the blizzards?

Daily Express http://www.express.co.uk/

I was reading the newspaper but I see it is also on their website.
    Cool

Ah I see, the chap who is quoted, usually gets a slating from his counterparts for coming out with this sort of stuff. As a general rule its very difficult to forecast beyond 72 hours with any degree of accuarcy.

That said, there is the possibility of snow on high ground (snowdownia, cumbria, highlands) this weekend with the arrival of the 528 dam line (significant for snow) combined with showers.

Administrator

Isn't it great having our own forum weatherman.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

I think Doctor Who has the most appropriate word... it isn't just great, it's...

FANTASTIC!

Many thanks Optrex for keeping us uptodate with our weather. Am sure you will find it is appreciated by all.
    Cool

LOL cheers Will. I'm hoping to have more flooding information available soon too. Just looking at an easier way to get it covered for the national warnings. The weather station already covers local warning areas.

This Sunday/Monday sees a 60% chance of servere disruption due to heavy rain. With ground already sodden, there could be much more in the way of flood damage over the next few days,

I've now launched the new flooding information service I mentioned. It produces the data directly from EA in the form of a news ticker and shows alert levels of warning and severe warning.

Clicking on the ticker expands the detail to the area concerned. clicking on the link takes you directly to the EA warning page.

I've also got something similar running for traffic information from HA. Both tickers cover England & Wales.

One question I have got - how useful is this to people in areas of flood risk and how likely are they to use it. If you are affected by floods, some feedback would be very useful.