Thread: As the clock strikes midnight...

Default As the clock strikes midnight...

Every night at exactly midnight Trillian (it houses ICQ, Yahoo, MSN AIM and IRC) disconnects. I feel like Shizella and that my router is going to turn into a green frog.
    Cool

Running on empty

boring old aol does that too.. wouldn't be so bad, but my computer says 'GOODBYE...THATS IT...' in an alan partridge voice and it scares the bejabbers out of me!

Eeek. That's scary. So between us we have the potential for a router to turn into a green frog and a spooky Alan Partridge voice that scares the bejabbers out of you. Do we have any other users with seemingly haunted Trillian/MSN/ICQ/AIM/IRC? Maybe someone needs to have a quiet word in E.T's ear about being more considerate when downloading his email and p0rn. Or at the very least to stop experimenting with earthly computer systems.
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Shizara View Post
    Eeek. That's scary. So between us we have the potential for a router to turn into a green frog and a spooky Alan Partridge voice that scares the bejabbers out of you. Do we have any other users with seemingly haunted Trillian/MSN/ICQ/AIM/IRC? Maybe someone needs to have a quiet word in E.T's ear about being more considerate when downloading his email and p0rn. Or at the very least to stop experimenting with earthly computer systems.
    maybe the service just stops working like they close. Or if you are connected to a network the network might shut off.

Administrator

Welcome RJ12
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Hopefully I could help becuase I am a expert at computers. Infact thats my favorite thing in life

Chatterbox

My favourite thing is food, drink and erm then my pc.
    My msn always disconnect at midnight too.I'm not sure if it's my router isp or msn. I've been told it's the routers.
    Madhatter

Welcome aboard RJ12!

Well, whatever the cause of the router - green frog Shizella (as in Cinderella) Syndrome it now disconnects at 1.00 am:

[01:00] *** You have been disconnected. Fri Mar 30 01:00:02 2007.

So that means I am still up at that time to even notice It isn't unknown for me to still be on line much later if I am not working first thing in the morning.
    Cool

Chatterbox

Ye I've noticed dirty stop up!.
    Yes sometimes it's 12 sometimes 1 sometimes both. I thought it was tiscali but can't be.
    Madhatter

Running on empty

So the time it does this trick changes about the time the clocks went forward.....hmmmm...

This could be a job for Sapphire and Steel or even Captain Jack...

Wonder which nursery rhyme to recite backwards. - For those that remember the Sapphire and Steel series.
    Cool