Thread: A Few little bits of News.

Administrator

Default A Few little bits of News.

Hi everyone,

First of all can I say how great it is to see the site starting to stand on it's own, and it's down to you folks who are helping to bring the site to life. As Shiz rightly points out, if it looks active it's going to attract more people, and you guys are all helping to do that. So a big thanks to all of you!

Anyway, next month the Warwickshire Council site is going to be doing an article on us in their communities section. Hopefully this will help raise the profile of the site, as well as bring some additional traffic in. Warwickshire council and been extremely supportive of this site, and I can't thank them enough for the encouragement and enthusiasm they have shown.

You'll notice a new advert appearing at the top, it is for one of our member's sites 'Lorraine'. I know she'd love you all to have a look, and if you know of anyone selling property, be sure to point them in her website's direction.

Finally, I'm going to redesign the graphics for the site (again), hopefully to something more enticing. I'd appreciate any suggestions you have, as I'm not the most creative person in the world.

Keep up the good work all.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Default It's official...Ron Lyre gives Warwickshire Online his Blessing.

I'm pleased to see the site doing well. It looks good and the content is great. Well done. Bless you my son.

Administrator

Thank you Ron, not only for the kind praise but for your support as well. A lot of traffic is coming here through your site, I have to admit I'm now an avid reader of your blog too. Keep up the good work.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

This is an excellent site. Will has put much time and thought into it and the members are carrying that to fulfillment with active use. Interesting subjects local and topical even the "Word association...for fun" which is rather like keeping the home fires burning. It is also good to see that mobile text is not being used thus keeping a standard.

It's good to be here.
    Cool

When Will first invited me to join this site I thought it wasn't for an old fogie like me, because it seemed to be geared towards young, active people, but I am very glad that I did join after all.
    I now love 'popping in' at least once a day(often more) and I'm thoroughly enjoying the "word association" game which Shizara and I seem to have completely taken over! - keeps the old grey cells from stagnating.
    Many congratulations to Will - keep it up.
    Last edited by M4gg1c; 07-05-2006 at 08:32 AM.
    M4gg1c

Think of the word assoiciation game as an electronic type of Scrabble that allows you more freedom by being able to choose a word generally only limited by your own imagination and knowledge rather than a few tiles on a rack. In a like manner our input here is not limited by a few subjects; we can create our own subject/thread. Yes, I know most forums have that feature, but most forums are not quite like this one.
    Cool

Administrator

Thank you folks!

Getting positive feedback like this makes it all seem so very worth it. The Warwickshire gov. people have just written back to say that the article will be live on May 30th. Fingers crossed it will do some good.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Your friendly social contact

How'd you get on with the local newspapers and radio stations that I suggested Will?

Bc

Administrator

Zero responce from all the papers I wrote to, I thought they'd have at least sent me a reply saying no. I haven't contacted any radio stations yet, but it's on the cards. I keep meaning to go see Touch FM, they only about 5 minutes away from me.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

The Station Manager at Touch FM is Christine Arnold - I deal with the radio station a fair bit...

The head of news is Daniel Bruce..

As far as newspapers - you may struggle as in effect they see the forums as competition in some way.

I will mention it to my contact but I expect a lukewarm response...

Which papers did you try??

Habe you tried the town centre partnerships - eg Stratford, Kenilworth, Warwick etc.

Each town has a number of town centre organisations that involve many local businesses and organisations - I could list the committes but you might as well google them..............cos I'm lazy!!!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie
    The Station Manager at Touch FM is Christine Arnold - I deal with the radio station a fair bit...

The head of news is Daniel Bruce..
    Ace, I'll heopfully speak to either of them when I knock on thier door.

As far as newspapers - you may struggle as in effect they see the forums as competition in some way.
    This did cross my mind, as this site (when it grows) will provide everything a paper can for free.

I will mention it to my contact but I expect a lukewarm response...
    That would be great, anything that gets the name implanted in their minds.

Which papers did you try??
    All the one's I could find, I'm going to contact them all again all the same.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie
    Habe you tried the town centre partnerships - eg Stratford, Kenilworth, Warwick etc.

Each town has a number of town centre organisations that involve many local businesses and organisations - I could list the committes but you might as well google them..............cos I'm lazy!!!
    I've tried 'Stratford's Voice', but that's it so far, I suppose the utterly negative responce put me off. But you're right, I should try some others. I would appreciate you listing a few, as some of them probably don't have websites.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--