Thread: Ban on Tobacco Sales

Default Ban on Tobacco Sales

A 1st for me; I'm actually agreeing with Thick Lizzie: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unak-Tory.html

Although, I do see the 'protect people from themselves' side of the arguement......

Worse than that, Lex. I agree with Bozo! It's time to stop unnecessary State interference in our lives. This is yet another of Sunk's [SIC] silly little pet projects.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

There'll be plenty of ways to get round this stupid, nannying law.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Pishy Sunak is pathetic focusing on banning smoking, when there are far more serious issues confronting this country that need addressing.

When I was at school in the 50's kids were getting hold of cigarettes and smoking behind the bike shed, same goes for today, I have seen kids walking home from school sharing a fag . And worse still drug dealing. Why doesn't weak Pishy do something about that!

I am not a smoker, when I worked on the wards, some stressed patients were allowed to go for a fag , especially pregnant women, believe it or not the hospital back then had a smoking room. But nowadays that has been banned, which then resulted in patients having to go out the front for a fag, and then all the cigarette buts lying around on the ground. Yes, smoking is a problem, but folks can't be forced to stop just like that , it's not easy. They need a fag to calm their nerves at times.
    I am a non smoker myself, I'm glad I never started, never had one in my life.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.