Thread: 64% of people opposed to Bridge

Administrator

Lightbulb 64% of people opposed to Bridge

Local Lib dems have canvassed 11,500 homes and found that 65% of residents are totally opposed to the bridge, while more more are opposed to the bridge where it's currently planned, prefering it to be a replacement for Lucy's Bridge.

So it's not looking too rosy for current plans, will this make any difference? Who knows.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Administrator

Oh, there's been a bit kerfuffle in Stratford for a while. As part of the "World Class Stratford" scheme, the council wants to build an expensive and unsightly bridge over one of our most scenic stretches of water. The opposition has been fierce, and I would count myself among those opposed to it.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Chatterbox

They are all vile, design two being the best. I can not understand why wnyone would want to put a shiney metallic bridge amongst such classic architecture. It doesn't make sense. Whats wrong with a classic wrought iron style bridge, something traditional, fancy, scrolley.
    I find it quite annoying, it winds me up and I live in the north of the county so god knows how Stratford people feel.
    Madhatter

Administrator

Just watched an article about this on the Beeb, even the reporters slipped out a minor editorial at the end, saying what a beautiful view that area has. To me that seems to imply they wouldn't like to see it ruined either, and there was me thinking that Beeb reporters were too meek to do such a thing.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

sounds like a bit of a waste of my taxes does that!

Unregistered

Lightbulb

I also opposed the plans to put a bridge over the river at Stratford.

Glad to hear Will did too. It wil be an eyesore and obscure the beautiful view down river.

I am glad there are not so much bikers parking along waterside by the theatre as well.

Unregistered

Oh Yes, and who designed that hideous tower beside the RSC, it just is not in keeping with the place at all. total waste of money building it. Who got paid for designing that ! ??

Hands off the RSC !

Administrator

Glad you agree.

Yes, we've been talking about the hideous tower for the RSC on another thread. I think Chillit hit the nail on the head when he said it looked like the practise tower for the fire brigade.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Dexter

I wonder why they chose to do that eh? sigh

I'm rather hoping somebody blows the bloody thing up once its built..Perhaps the council would finally get the message then!

David1976

They'll probably dye the grass green next like the Brummies did for President Clinton.

David
    See my online shopping centre
    Dave's Place - Part of the ei42 Shopping Network
    Get Your Own FREE Here
    Ei42.com - Everything on the Internet and 42, the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything

Administrator

Cool, they can build some pretty ridiculous and monstrous stuff with two Million pounds, I'm sure they will as well.

That's good news about the bridge though, it was utterly pointless.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Dexter

Lex you are far too cynical...In fact this tower will actually save money as you quite rightly say it can be used as as a tourist attraction (blimey who on earth authorised that blot on the landscape a tourist was over heard to say!) and a firemans practice tower on rescuing people from tall buildings..see the council's planning dept are not as stupid as we thought!

Running on empty

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    Lsee the council's planning dept are not as stupid as we thought!
    If they were, then they wouldn't be able to find their way to work in the morning...