Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Election 2024

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Galloway's speech to the US Senate, when he pulverised them over the Iraq war IMHO, was one of the best political speeches of recent times.
    It is fairly clear that he has enemies. But his views, it must be remembered, were pretty much the standard pro Arab views of the British elite for almost 200 years and right up until the late 1980's when the State of Israel captured British politics. Old Labour - which Galloway kind of represents - was decidedly anti - Israel.
    New Labour, or course, dropped the Unions and the reason it could do this (it has now been revealed in an American magazine I read) was because it started receiving vast Jewish donations (from 3 donors) and thus had no need of union finance.

Mr H
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Interesting Mr.H. I've just read this...

After the Thatcher era decimation of British industry, trade unions were reduced to a shadow of their former selves. Blair knew that Labour could no longer rely upon them as the party's dominant source of funding. So he went cap in hand to Lord Levy, who represented Jewish business interests in the Labour Party. They struck up a deal. The Jews would bankroll the party as much as needed and bring the media on its side. In exchange, they got to control party policy. Peter Mandelson was put in place as Blair's Jewish handler. All policy decisions had to run through him.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Interesting Mr.H. I've just read this...
    That explains a lot. Why Mandelson was hyped up as this spin doctor when really he was an Israeli plant. So, New Labour completes its transformation as the political arm of the global owners of capital. Interesting, only today the media was saying Starmer is going to be sending his minions to Israel for training (?).
    I mean who wants the Unions if you can get invited to Davos, fly on Gulfstreams, meet Bono?
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Stammer's been accused of being 'Tory Light' since he became Labour leader. But it was inevitable after Comrade Corbyn lost the last election for them.

Labour's announced it's candidate for Stratford. Personally, I can see the Constituency returning a Lib Dem MP: https://stratfordobserver.co.uk/news...-an-absent-mp/