Thread: Tesco upsets mumsnet - Not recommended!

Default Tesco upsets mumsnet - Not recommended!

This will not end well for Tesco...

The end of cornflour: UK supermarket discontinues much-loved staple FOREVER

Tesco cite a lack of customer demand for their decision to halt their stocking of the product

Fears are mounting over the future of a familiar favourite on household shelves, after Tesco announced the discontinuation of cornflour.

The supermarket chain cited a lack customer demand, triggering concerns over what may lay ahead for the product.

The company’s decision has been met with a backlash online, with internet forum for parents, Mumsnet, hosting a great deal of criticism for the move.

Tesco, questioned over whether the announcement made by the spokesman was true, claimed the product had not been completely delisted and would look to improve its availability across its stores.

Cornflour is often used to thicken liquid based foods such as gravies, soups, casseroles and custards.

Compared to ordinary flour, cornflour has a fine texture which means it is less likely to forum in lumps. It is also gluten free.

Cornflour, unlike plain flour, is also flavourless, which means it can be used to thicken dishes that have a distinct flavour.

The product is also a popular choice when looking to add crispiness to meat dishes such as fried chicken.
    Source: GB news
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Hmm.. I use cornflour for baking and it is much nicer for gravies than flour.
    Cool

I use it too. Maybe Tesco's problem is that they sell it in quite large boxes?

When I was a kid, mum always bought small boxes for making her gravy. I'm still only halfway down a Tesco box that I bought 12 months ago.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

It isn’t something you use every day so smaller amounts would be ideal from the customer perspective.
    Cool