Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liz Truss - New PM

Default Liz Truss - New PM

May God help us! The woman is an airhead. If this is the best that the Tories can offer, maybe they should simply liquidate the party?
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

If anyone, I'd have picked Rishi - he seemed to have at least 1 foot in the real world.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    If anyone, I'd have picked Rishi - he seemed to have at least 1 foot in the real world.
    I don't know Lex. He may have been a better choice out of the bottom of the barrel, but we have reached the lowest , not much to choose from. I've stopped desparing, I feel I don't want to follow politics anymore, and enjoy what's left of my life. It's tragic what this country has become. From the British Empire turned into the scrapings of sh*t off the bottom of your shoe.

Anyone with a good education will leave this god foresaken train crash of a country and go abroad to make a decent living.
    You can see already the country is being filled with the future workers/gangs arriving daily onto our shores.

Last edited by margaret; 06-09-2022 at 08:18 AM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

It could be worse - we could have Comerade Corbyn running things.

To be fair, none of the Tory party candidates was much good. There is talent in their ranks, but I guess nobody wanted to sort out the mess left by the useless, fat, womble. Unless Stammer [sic] blots his copybook, I'll bet he will romp home in the next GE. Truss really hasn't got a clue, as we are already beginning to see.

Did you know there were already letters of no confidence in her being sent to the 1922 committee? I don't think we'll be waiting long for a GE, she'll try a sleight of hand, think people are stupid, and go to the country.

Yes, I think I heard somethng about a dozen ot so no confidence letters being written even before the restlu was announced.

Truss is building up a lot of problems for herself by excluding Sunak supporters. One or 2 Blairisms are silppoing in too: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gy-crisis.html
    Last edited by Lex; 28-09-2022 at 04:56 PM.

I didn't expect things to go to pot so quickly: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63030208

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Liz Truss and her mob are a complete disaster for this country.
    I can't stand that smarmy Jacob Rees Mogg either.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Truss is a typical accountant with no real-world experience. She trained at Shell - draw your own conclusions.

Kwarteng is a historic economist, which ought to have equipped him better to understand the folly of what he's doing. Unfortunately, there is a saying about economists... An economist is someone who will tell you tomorrow why what he proposed and predicted today didn't come true.

As I suggested earlier in this thread, I think Truss will be a short-lived PM. The markets will dictate how long she remains in office, and at the moment things don't look good. If the BoE is forced to raise interest rates, more and more people are going to get burned, and the housing market might make a very nasty 'correction'. Since our economy is largely based on the housing market, that would be a complete disaster.

I expect to see a few panic measures from Truss and Kwarteng over the next month or so (if they last that long) trying to change the perception of what they have done.

Truss dug herself into a hole by churning out tired old cliches the Tory right like to hear - gimicky c**p David Cameron would have been proud of.
    Last edited by Lex; 28-09-2022 at 04:56 PM.

I really worry that the membership elected this incompetent blonde airhead. I worry that what we saw coming forward to lead the Tory party was their best.

Ultimately, I think Johnson left such a mess that nobody with any brains was prepared to take it on. I genuinely hope that Johnson will be remembered for what the useless, fat womble, did to the country. Hiding behind COVID is not an option!

I'll temember the PMs from Cameron onward for a string of stupid decisions and gross incompetence.

Lex, that makes two of us, but the public has historically short memories.

As long as Stammer [sic] keeps his head down, he is going to romp home at the next GE. And in complete honesty, I have no idea how it will pan out as he hasn't been particularly clear in his policies.

He was making mumblings about being 'responsible with the country's money' (or something along those lines) during the Labour conference. I remember the last Labour government saying that too, and that ended well.