Thread: The Invaders.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Default The Invaders.

We have been watching recently a brilliant, (and quite prophetic reruns) of a U.S. Television series that came out in the late 60's. Called The Invaders.
    The idea is very simple. People who resemble human beings (but are not) want to take over the world.
    They go to immense trouble to imitate human beings, but their only objective is the domination and slavery of the entire human race. You simply cannot help thinking that there is a parallel with the politicians of today. They go to some lengths to try and assure us they are like us. But they are really quite alien. And their agendas are hostile.
    The main character is someone called David Vincent, an architect, who has seen the aliens and must now try to convince a disbelieving world.
    An extraordinary one we saw a few days ago was how the aliens had commandeered a ship and with advanced technology were creating weather modifications so that the coast of America was battered by fantastic storms and hurricanes.
    One that also stuck in my mind was of a vast conference hall with a big screen on it showing a baby crying and all these aliens in the hall were trying to imitate human emotions and reactions.
    Another one was of a professor who they were trying to get knowledge from and force onto a plane. He fought and fought against getting on the plane because he said there was a bomb on it. And there was a terrifying moment when he watches from the ground as the plane explodes. And this was made in 1968!!
    The parallels with the world of today and especially politics of today is really spooky and eerie.

The re-runs are on Youtube, though there aren't that many uploaded. Really, television at its finest and most thought provoking.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

I've not watched The Invaders for years. From memory, they couldn't bend their little fingers?

I used to be a real Sci-fi fan but as I got older I seemed to lose interest. However, you are on the ball here Margaret, you can certainly see where a lot of the conspiracy theories come from.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I've seen a couple of episodes - it looks really interesting.