Thread: Bus Fares to Rise

Default Bus Fares to Rise

So much for encouraging people to use public transport - using my car is still cheaper & more convenient: https://rugbyobserver.co.uk/news/bus...isis-in-rugby/

Saying that, I've booked a train ticket for a function in Coventry next month, and it wasn't too much more expensive than driving would have been.

For most people, it's the lack of convenience that's the killer.

But you'd really expect public transport to be a lot cheaper if you want to tempt people to use it. Last time I was in France, public transport was incredibly cheap and the French really did use it.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I use a bus when I have no other options, generally rail replacement road transport when engineering work is on - usually a weekend or bank holiday weekend but if I really can't face it I might go to Coventry by taxi and get a train in or the other way round. I know it is not the cheaper option but as a shift worker, working most weekends, having to faff around allowing even more time to get to and from work is sometimes not on my list of things to do. As for a bus to Coventry to get the train, well, to the best of my knowledge they take you from Nuneaton to Coventry but not to the station which means a trek through the tunnel to the station. During daylight hours is one thing but when it is dark, not a chance, I wouldn't feel safe so, I rarely use a bus. Not convenient at all.
    Cool

Interesting, Shizara. I thought that tunnel at the station was a mistake. Yet another cock up by O'Boyle! - Of course, he doesn't have to use it.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.