Thread: Air Fryers

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Default Air Fryers

I am considering purchasing an Air Fryer and would like to know if anyone here has one and are they greatly more economical to use?

“I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Hi Margaret, I am staying with a friend who has an air fryer and for up to two people I find it brilliant. It has pre set cooking temps and times which can be tweaked to your needs or use as pre set. I do a lot of stuff in it and get the best use by putting a rack in eg 2 potato waffles on top and 2 below sitting on a piece of foil at the bottom that does not cover the entire bottom so the hot air still circulates. If using packet stuff I usually use the temp recommended for a fan oven and it seems to be quicker cooking. I haven't added any oil spray. Going to cook a salmon fillet tonight wrapped in foil on the rack. Overall I find it more economical. As time goes by and I become more confident with using it I am more adventurous. Have even done an Asda steak and Ale pie in a foil container by sitting it on the rack. If you want to know more just ask, am not an expert but have been learning fast.
    Cool

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Thanks, that's interesting. How long does the steak or chicken fillets. or A whole chicken?
    Is the basket drawer/basket teflon coated/

Are they any better than mini electric ovens?
    Last edited by margaret; 13-04-2022 at 02:27 PM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Might I enquire about the running costs, Shizara?

In the past, I've used various kitchen appliances but have often found that things like filters are unreasonably expensive to replace.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Hmm.. Typed a response then managed to delete it.

In short, this one has been in regular use for 2 years. I make a point of handwashing the basket and the tray in hot' soapy water with a non scratch scouring pad unless I have put something like a pie in a foil container in which case it will probably only need a wipe for any crumbs. I have researched the price of a replacement basket and considered the price - once I actually found one - it is an older model - to be unreasonable, however the current one doesn't need replacing. You might find this website useful:

https://www.airfryermarket.com/do-ai...f-electricity/
    Cool

Thanks, Shizara.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.