Thread: Petrol Shortages

It's all a load of cods'.

Firstly, you can't drive a fuel tanker on an HGV licence, so the alleged shortage of HGV drivers has nothing to do with this.

We had plenty of fuel deliveries last week, what's changed? - Follow the money!

Here's a bit of a theory...

Petrol quality decays in storage. Now, due to lockdown and working from home we've not been buying so much petrol, resulting in aging (and rapidly deteriorating) petrol being stored at distribution depots. Petrol is bought months in advance, so the flow is still coming into the country, but isn't being used up at a rate sufficient to stop excessive storage from being required. So, a petrol company jumps on the HGV bandwagon and leaks a story to the media, with the intention of moving their excess inventory from the storage tanks to private car owner tanks. - And I bet he gets a bl**dy good bonus for it.

The media are an absolute rabble. They don't verify stories before publishing them. The public is stupid and has lost all common sense and the ability to think and rationalise for themselves.

And, due to the way tax is paid on fuel, don't expect the government to tell you the truth. All this rapid movement of fuel has been a great (and unexpected) bonus to Sunak.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

'Panic Sells Papers'. I was topping my tank up on Thursday, and a tanker was parked in the forecourt, getting ready to refill the underground tanks. These people aren't stupid - they plan deliveries around not running out of stock; it's in their interests not to run out - no stock, no income, no profit.

The word 'sheeple' was invented for situations like this - I panics, all panic.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Things are getting a bit out of hand!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by margaret; 30-09-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

S2b Buccaneer, complete with slipper tanks. - Bet I worked on it.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.