Thread: Shoppers Angry at Price Rises

Default Shoppers Angry at Price Rises

Easy solution: shop somewhere else!

https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...branch-3384231

Tesco's prices have been steadily rising for a while, now. It'll wash back on them!
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

I was shocked at the price my shopping came to in Tesco yesterday, since they changed their status to Tesco Express! The choice on the shelves are now much limited!
    No kidding, my bill came two twice the amount I usually pay! They are ruthless bast....!
    I am boycotting them.
    Last edited by margaret; 16-09-2021 at 06:47 AM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Margaret, about 12 months ago I took the decision to have Tesco deliveries. I schedule a delivery once a fortnight on a Monday evening and it costs me £3.00. It's so much better than actually going around the store and honestly with the money I've saved by SORNing the car it has more than paid for itself.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

I don't want to shop online, plus if they don't have what you want they replace it with something else that you didn't want.
    For example, if I want bread flour 'strong', and they don't have it they might put some other flour on my order that is not suitable. They might think , oh we will give her self raising flour which is totally wrong. I like to choose my carrots and other veg as well. I prefer it they are British grown.

Asda are generally good at doing bread flour, and cheaper. They are a bit more understanding about needs.

Last edited by margaret; 16-09-2021 at 12:44 PM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

You get the choice to specify whether or not you want alternatives, and if ever anything unsuitable does turn up, the delivery driver will always take it back if you don't want it. I've only ever had one real howler. I wanted a crumble mix and they sent me a chocolate cake mix. It made a lovely cherry and chocolate dump cake. LOL

My kids reckon that Morrisons is the best of the mainstream supermarkets, but as I have a Tesco card they suit me.