Thread: Fuming

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Default Fuming

I'm fuming at the hogwash old Lizzie said!
    I've gone right off her !

She is close friends with David Attenborough who is a great advocate for mass depopulation of the earth, and once Prince William spoke on this issue also.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-02-25/...qRzNz9nN60YklM

''People that don't want the vaccine ought to think about others rather than themselves'!
    Last edited by margaret; 26-02-2021 at 07:17 AM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

For some reason, they are desperate to get us to take these vaccines. - I don't know why, but I don't believe that it's because they're so good for us or are the answer to our prayers.

I'd never been particularly keen on Betty, but now I wouldn't *ahem* on her if she were on fire. Maybe it's time for her to step down?
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I'm approaching things from a different angle - the sooner as everyone gets their jab(s), the sooner we can be rid of this godawful situation & return to normality.

We'll be free of things before 50% of the population are protected, Lex. But, my bet is that come the winter months it'll return year on year. The genie's out of the bottle and we now have to live with it. But we can't keep going into lock-down every time we see cases rise.

If any kind of planning happens, things will loosen up once the 1st wave of jabs have been administered, and the COVID jab will start to be administered with the the annual flu jab cycle, as both bugs affect the same demographics.

IF any kind of planning happens.

Just an aside, Lex, but did you know that for the 2017/18 season the flu jab was rated at about 15% effective? - I was quite shocked!

And I have a mate who was bragging about having the pneumonia jab a couple of months back. Guess who's currently got pneumonia?

Back to your comment though...

From what I can see and hear, the individual vaccination centres are running like clockwork. However, the methods of getting people into them appears to be the typical shambles expected with these things.

Track and trace hasn't exactly been a success, PPE distribution not a great success, etc. etc.. So I think we can take it for granted that any real planning hasn't been carried out but is being made up on the hoof.

I also came across a video from a QC giving evidence to a Commons committee. Apparently, almost every fine issued over covid and rule-breaking is wrong and those fined ought to be refunded.

I'm afraid planning and this shower (I'm not saying any other would do better) just don't go together.