Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Island Cafe finally getting renovated

Administrator

It's been up for sale for quite some time now. I'm guessing that potnetial buyers may have been put off by Stratford Declining visitors, and all but non-existant nightlife. They may also have been put off by the prospect of 'Blackpool on Avon', anyone who's driven into Stratford recently from Clopton Bridge or the Alcester road will understand this.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Macky

Smile

Well I certainly would be up for a new spot to go out and have a few drinks and a dance But that is never going to happen. Instead, places close down! I wonder how long it will take for Yates' to be reopened...

Mac

Administrator

If I had the money, I'd buy it and reopen it tomorrow. In fact I'd buy both places if I could.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Unregistered

Closed a few weeks back due to smoking ban - not re-opening - story in Stratford Observer.

Kaylee

Smile

Personally I don't think Yates' closing down has got anything to do with the smoking ban...even before the ban the place had no atmosphere and was only good for pre-chicago rock drinks. It's a shame though, it's a nice location and the best did look quite nice! Any ideas on what's going to happen with it?

Default Island Cafe to become O'Brians

Front page article in the Observer recently said that Island Cafe is to become part of the O'Brians chain. Apparently they sell sandwiches.

Default what comes around goes around

correct. my bet was either an estate agents or a scotch wool shop. the only other alternative was that Stratford council might claim a connection to shakespeare.