Thread: Aldi for Leamington

Default Aldi for Leamington

I've only ever been in an Aldi once; that was enough for me: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...store-19468981

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

I very rarely go up to the Shires retail park, and the event of an Aldi's store being built there won't entice me either.
    I'm guessing that Aldi's won't be taking the Homebase premises in Warwick, it is quite a large area with a decent car park.
    Last edited by margaret; 18-12-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

I've tried various Aldi stores but never been impressed.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

It mostly seems to be patronised by people who do their clothes shopping at Sports Direct.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    I very rarely go up to the Shires retail park, and the event of an Aldi's store being built there won't entice me either.
    I'm guessing that Aldi's won't be taking the Homebase premises in Warwick, it is quite a large area with a decent car park.

Sorry, I was mistaken, it was Lidl that submitted plans to take over Homebase.

I get mixed up with Lidl and Aldi, probably because I never shop at either store.
    Last edited by margaret; 19-12-2020 at 05:35 AM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Same here; they're both as bad as each other.

We do our weekly shop in Aldi (& no, I don't buy my clothes from Sports Direct, not that that is in any way relevant!!) the team members are friendly & the range of products is good, we can use the money we save on essential day to day things for our more indulgent treats etc. During the first lockdown, my family were shielding & so we did their shopping, they were amazed how much they saved & the quality of the products. From a man who would only eat some particular branded goods prior to this.

I watched a program you may find interesting 'inside aldi at Christmas'.
    Give it a try, you might be surprised & find some things you like

For me a bigger store with extra parking would be great. I feel they need to reduce traffic near the Shires & consider only using the Queensway entrance. I also feel they need to have a suitable arrangement with the other retail unit to avoid parking issues. 👍

Hi Rachel, Thanks for your input, and welcome to WOL.
    The reason I don't shop at Aldi or Lidl is that they are not near where I live. I don't drive. I just think it is a great shame that the Homebase in Warwick is earmarked for more housing. We can do with a nice garden centre.
    Last edited by margaret; 23-12-2020 at 06:39 AM.

- Lord Byron.