Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what's your music?

Default So what's your music?

I'm currently working through all my Rolling Stones albums, I get a surprisingly large amount of funny looks as I belt out 'The Last Time' at the top of my voice, while driving through Stratford.
    Reggie. "It's true that every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings. But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, and Angel gets set on fire." - Jack Handy

coo... Rolling Stones... I like all sorts of music...

o/' Ferry cross the Mersey.... o/'

Am fond of music like Albatross too... even Jazz and some Classical... depends on my frame of mind at the time.. I used to be a Susie Q fan as well.. .

o/' Like a bat out of hell..... o/'
    Cool

I'm getting quite into Arctic Monkeys!

Administrator

I've been listening to Happy Mondays, and Joy-Division recently. All down to watching 24 hour party people, which is an excellent film.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Steve W

My favourites include The Smiths, Suede, Stone Roses, The Jam, Queen, Coldplay, Oasis and Chilli Peppers

Administrator

I can't stop listening to a Duran Duran Live CD I found the other day. Forgot how good they were.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Steve W

Hi Will. Not been round here recently due to work and study. Watch this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQJki6PDii8

It's quite funny.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Hi Will. Not been round here recently due to work and study.
    No Problems, good to see you back.

Watch this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQJki6PDii8

It's quite funny.
    That is very funny, that performance seems an absolute world apart to this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud31JWsyxGw

They really come across as true musicians here, makes you wonder why they aren't bigger today.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Steve W

Well they have had their day now I guess. Will always have the following they had in the 80's, but time has moved on.

I recently went to the Spa Centre to see Go West (Peter Cox) (King Of Wishful Thinking etc). They were excellent.

Next Train's Gone!

I'm currently listening to:

Classic Meets Rock - Barclay James Harvest featuring Les Holroyd (Live with the Prague Symphony orchestra)
    Premiata Forneria Marconi's latest album

Both great 70s progressive rock groups.

Also been listening to some Orb.

Steve W

This morning I was listening to Led Zeppelin

Next Train's Gone!

I saw folk-rock group Fairport Convention play to a pretty full Symphony Hall in Brum last night. The support was from Show of Hands, another folk group, and Tiny Tin Lady... Excellent concert! Fairport are now in their 40th year of touring/recording.

cathidaw

[Isaw FAIRPORT cONVENTION AT CROPREDY in all that rain last year -and in the rain the year before.
    I think they are o.k. but I think we go for the atmosphere- hoping it's not the wet sort.
    I have just bought a 78 record off e.bay.
    Andre Kostalanetz and his orchestra
    playing Claire de Lune. I used to hear it when Iwas child -my parents had the record and it became a bit of my childhood.
    I heard it on radio 4 about a year ago and I thought "I must have it".It was the only one of his not on a c.d so I bought the record, now Imust get it transferred to c.d.
    I have a Dansette 78 player in my loft but Ithink the needle may spoil it-so I'm looking around for another way.Ihave many 'Claire de lune's' by other orchestras but this to me is the best.
    Anyone have a bit of nostalgia they like to hear?

Ihave not been on line for a week -my computer has been away being upgraded.,

Earlier it was Fleetwood Mac. Now it is Rachmaninov - Prelude in C sharp minor.
    Next it will be John Rowles - possibly unknown on this side of the world, but, nevertheless it is easy listening.
    Cool

cathidaw

When I was a lot younger I was very much into Joan Baez.
    Now -well, in March--I shall see her in the flesh at Warwick Arts Centre
    cant wait

Is that their latest one Lex?
    I remember Kings of Leon having one highly publicised album that did really well. And I think the others are still in the dark a bit. But then again I may be getting bands confused!!