Thread: Free schools

cathidaw

Default Free schools

i HAVE JUST HEARD ON NEWSNIGHT THAT ONE OF THE THINGS THE CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT GAVE US SINCE THEY WERE ELECTED ARE FREE SCHOOLS
    How good of them.

Mari

Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    i HAVE JUST HEARD ON NEWSNIGHT THAT ONE OF THE THINGS THE CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT GAVE US SINCE THEY WERE ELECTED ARE FREE SCHOOLS
    How good of them.
    Do you mean free school meals?

rebbonk

Nothing is free, we pay (in most cases heavily) one way or another.

cathidaw

No MARI, FREE SCHOOLS. i thought we already had them when they were elected

Pillar of the Community

Cathidaw- Yes so did I. Except I am also aware that Education Authorities are making such idiotic decisions about which student can attend which school based on poor local knowledge and inpractical rules. I heard on the news about one child aged 10 whose chosen school is just a 5 minute walk for him from home. This is no longer available to him because he lives 1 foot too far away from the boundary of the map the Education Authority used to calculate who goes to which school and where. He is now expected to go on a 5 mile trek along major roads to get to the one he is allowed to attend. The child who lives next door to him can however go to the one 5 minutes walking distance away. Investigations into this ridiculous decision have shown the LEA are using a map which doesn't show half the detail of minor roads and footpaths used by locals to get around their area.