Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: decriminalisation of parking

Administrator

If you guys want to start a campaign, I'll supply you with a website like I have to SV.

Food for thought.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Administrator

This may or may not of be interest to you Chillitt, looks like they might be having a rethink on Warwick Parking.

BBC NEWS | England | Coventry/Warwickshire | More consultation about parking
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Running on empty

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    This may or may not of be interest to you Chillitt, looks like they might be having a rethink on Warwick Parking.

BBC NEWS | England | Coventry/Warwickshire | More consultation about parking
    well, that's a start, i suppose...
    although if i was being churlish, i'd call it a think, rather than a rethink..

Administrator

Heh, it's a start I suppose.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Steve W

I have a mate who works in town planning. I'll have to ask him what the heck is going on

Running on empty

Steve, I dont think they know....

Steve W

How very true LOL

Chatterbox

3 traffic wardens an 11 car park inspectors to 30 attendants!
    30 why do they need 30 and wh's paying for them?
    Madhatter

cathidaw

Default Parking costs --AND OTHER THINGS COVENTRY RELATED

[

Parking costs

I went to Banbury last week. Parking costs are 30p for 15minutes
    Even at Matalan and TKMax .

It's not worth going now . I m not surprised that Tesco and Morrisons are getting all the trade, and expanding into designer clothes and larger stuff LIKE COMPUTERS ETC.

Incidentally why should anyone pay to park at any hospital.

The new state of the art Walsgrave which is already closing a few of it's departments and wards will surely go the way of the old one. I worked there when it was built and it has had hardly any real maintainence since then.
    Typical of Coventry actually. Most of the old buildings which are costing millions to restore were the result of neglect by numerous councils.

Kirby House for one .They left it so long only the facade is original .Ican remember when it was habitable.
    AND --the old Grammar school ---it is disgraceful how 'they' have allowed it to rot. In any other town or city it would be a very precious building
    The old fire station --now a restaurant, could have been a cultural asset too. Used as possibly a gallery or some kind of museum.
    Or even a parade of exclusive boutiques.
    Some years ago it was destined to be a venue for individual traders--craft workers and such---but the council were so greedy
    they allowed anyone to apply , and we ended up with a load of tat merchants.
    What visitor to Coventry wanted to get off a bus or coach and see stalls set up outside-near the bus station. piled up with mountains of toilet rolls and cheap stuff on show.
    When it closed, I wrote to the council to suggest more upmarket stalls would have helped .

Their spokesman said, "we've tried it and it didn't work, so it's shut."
    It was shut for years and gradually rotted away.
    Now its a glorified posh cafe and we did n't need another one.
    WE HAVE GOT WHAT THE COUNCIL THINK WE DESERVE.

This should have been a a new thread Ithink--gone off the parking track a bit havent I!
    Rambling late at night is not agood idea.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 08-02-2007 at 04:25 PM. Reason: rethink

Chatterbox

If you let bog roll sellers on your not likely to get quality stalls duh. Who wants to sell fine foods and crafts next toilet rolls, who goes shopping for the two together?.
    I only go Coventry shopping on a sunday. May go this Sunday actually, unless they've started to charge on Sunday too that is.
    Madhatter

Toad

Now decrim is about to hit us it's really importnat that we TELL all our visitors and locals about the changes so that they don't get fined for either not paying the parking charges or they over-stay their time.
    The quickest way for us to lose trade is for people to get stung by our local money-making council.
    TELL everybody by word of mouth and leaflets!