Thread: Ban on Reckless Cycling

Default Ban on Reckless Cycling

I wonder how rigorously it will be enforced: https://www.rugbyadvertiser.co.uk/ne...res-why-894345

Nearly got knocked over coming out of the pub earlier! Bl**dy cyclist doing a great rate of knots on the pavement.

The air turned blue and he b*ggered off a bit sharpish.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Nearly got knocked over coming out of the pub earlier! Bl**dy cyclist doing a great rate of knots on the pavement.

The air turned blue and he b*ggered off a bit sharpish.

These idiot pavement cyclist are darned infuriating. They weave in and out of pedestrians with no intentions of stopping.
    We have seen numerous cyclist speeding along expecting us on foot to get out of their way! It's time high the Council intervened! My husband was nearly seriously knocked over with a speeding idiot on his bike. There is nothing you can do because they don't stop.

Last edited by margaret; 08-11-2019 at 04:09 PM.

I often had problems with pavement cyclists when I used to walk Spencer. One or two would complain that we took up too much of the pavement! Once they started to get agitated (I do wind idiots up) Spencer would 'voice' his opinion. Funnily enough at that point the discussions would usually stop.

I don't know why but walking Freya has never attracted the same calibre of idiot. Maybe because people assume that she's a vicious dog because of mainstream media and film portrayal?

It happened to me this morning waiting at the bus stop, a woman on a bike came past where I was standing on the pavement it was narrow so that I had to step out of her way, and god knows what she was smoking, the puffs of smoke as she past smelt weird, not like ordinary cigarette smoke, it was sickly.

I know the roads are busy and women especially don't like cycling on the roads, but it doesn't mean the pavement is a cycle route and they have the right of way when passing ! I also note that cyclists do not wear a head protection. Not just adults, but kids too. I always have a mind to write to the local school to remind kids to wear helmets when cycling to school. I am amazed that parents allow their kids to leave home and cycle without wearing head gear.
    Last edited by margaret; 08-11-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    ... god knows what she was smoking, the puffs of smoke as she past smelt weird, not like ordinary cigarette smoke, it was sickly.
    Likely cannabis of some variant. I often smell it when walking the dog. The police could have a field day with drugged up motorists round here if they had the resource.

I'm sure the police know cannabis is so commonly used, even amongst school students. We witnessed that in Stratford in Shakespeare gardens when the school students from the private King Edward school, came over at lunch time to sit in the gardens to have a puff on cannabis, you could see some of them sharing it round.

That was a few years ago when the Shakespeare gardens was free to get into.