PDA

View Full Version : Leamington Spa

margaret
02-03-2020, 07:22 AM

Leamington Parade, , by Boots the Chemist.

Just recently I have been curious about those chimney stacks on top of the building whether they are original, or perhaps once used or just decor.

rebbonk
02-03-2020, 12:34 PM
Completely off topic but you've reminded me of a security operation I was involved in.

We had thieving going on but couldn't actually catch the culprit(s). So we dressed my mate up as a 'chimney' and stuck him on a roof amongst other chimneys. He stood there all day with binoculars and radio but saw nothing. Turned out to be an inside job, but they were caught in the end.

margaret
02-03-2020, 12:41 PM
Completely off topic but you've reminded me of a security operation I was involved in.

We had thieving going on but couldn't actually catch the culprit(s). So we dressed my mate up as a 'chimney' and stuck him on a roof amongst other chimneys. He stood there all day with binoculars and radio but saw nothing. Turned out to be an inside job, but they were caught in the end.

A very clever idea! Hope the chap didn't get too cold though. :)

rebbonk
02-03-2020, 06:00 PM
IIRC, it was a bright spring day. I remember laughing out loud as I watched this 'chimney' move closer to the edge of the roof for a better view!

Surprisingly, people don't ever consider they are being monitored from above. We installed many cameras above head hight that were never detected;