PDA

View Full Version : Filming on location.

margaret
01-03-2020, 04:47 PM
https://www.facebook.com/itv/videos/242568170106444/

It looks like this new film 'Belgravia', due out this month , was partly filmed in Leamington Spa, as you can see a quick clip at the beginning.

Delve into the scandalous lives of London’s grandest neighbourhood. From the producers of Downton Abbey, get ready for new drama #Belgravia ��
Coming this March to ITV.

Lex
01-03-2020, 05:16 PM
Might be worth watching.

rebbonk
01-03-2020, 08:21 PM
I'm not into this sort of TV myself, but it costs a lot of money to make so I hope it's a success.

margaret
02-03-2020, 06:10 AM
I'm not into this sort of TV myself, but it costs a lot of money to make so I hope it's a success.

I don't have TV, but bits of Leamington Spa features in many films/or sitcoms, such as Keeping up Appearances, Upstairs Downstairs, and Pride and Prejudice, or such. I love the white buildings against the blue sky.

rebbonk
02-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Keeping up appearances was filmed around the corner from me when I was married. I also grew up quite close to where Onslo's place was and to where they filmed The Italian Job. - In fact I remember those sewers going in, we used to creep into them and play before they were used.

margaret
02-03-2020, 12:38 PM
Yes, I remember that being mentioned Keeping up Appearances was mainly filmed in Coventry.

Keeping Up Appearances Filming Locations
117 Heather Road, Binley Woods, Coventry, Warwickshire, England, UK (Hyacinth's House)
3 Michell Close, Stoke Aldermoor, Coventry, West Midlands, England, UK (Onslow and Daisy's house)

Loved that comedy.