PDA

View Full Version : Does a conservatory add value to your house

Sarah
31-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Im thinking about extending my house with a conservatory.

Budgeting for about 7 - 8000 pounds.

But generally, how much would it put onto the value of the house?

Is it worth the investment?

Crunchie
04-04-2006, 09:51 AM
I bought a house with a conservatory and think that it definitely adds value. It is in effect an extra room, hence added value. Great for Summer "sessions"!!;)

jackrobin
05-12-2008, 03:33 AM
Hello guys,

Conservatories means all- in -one. You don’t have to look for another. Everything what you wish for the new house is available under one roof. Glamour, elegance are added to your taste. Conservatories (http://conservatoryoutlet.co.uk) in your house speak louder than words.

cathidaw
06-12-2008, 12:36 AM
I have been told by an estate agent aquaintance that a consrvatory does not add the value that one has paid, but it is more likely to help sell the house quicker.

rmarley
09-12-2009, 09:32 AM
To make a good looking home with well designed interior as well as exterior design home conservatories like upvc conservatories and glass conservatory are some of the best options.

don
04-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Try adding underfloor heating, but go for electrical and not central heating as this is more effective. Also, add blinds as these are great in all seasons. www.conservatories-planning.co.uk proved invaluable to the set up and building of my conservatory

alexer
13-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi,
First of all check the ceiling for house prices in your area, it may be that you can't add further value by adding a conservatory. You can increase the living space if the design and planning is well thought out and it will always be a sellingg feature in the future.

Pubs for Sale (http://www.barsportfranchise.co.uk/pub-for-sale-lease.php)

Morisson
05-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Just like Don said before, for a conservatory to become a nice habitable space it needs good insulation, and blinds provide just that – you will need window blinds for both the sides and the roof of the conservatory to prevent it from becoming a freezer on winter and an incubator during summer- here i that I believe will give you all the info you need in choosing the right type of blinds for your conservatory.