PDA

View Full Version : Yesteryear Leamington brought to book

rebbonk
28-09-2019, 11:14 AM
Looks like a couple of interesting books. - Article has 3 good pictures

SHOPPING and transport are the focus of two new local history books.

Allan Jennings and Tom Lewin have written ‘Shops of Royal Leamington Spa’, a nostalgic look at trade in the town down the decades, while Peter Coulls has joined Allan to pen ‘The Leamington and Warwick Tramway’, which last ran in 1930.

Coventry Observer (https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/yesteryear-leamington-brought-to-book-twice-15156/)

Lex
28-09-2019, 12:47 PM
That's an amazing bit of history.

margaret
28-09-2019, 03:07 PM
Thanks Rebbonk, I went down to the Parish Church this morning where they had an Exhibition on.

The books are very nicely produced and illustrated, I bought two on The Leamington and Warwick Tramway.
One for my son and one to give his dad who is a long time Tram enthusiast.
For myself I bought the Shops of Royal Leamington spa.

Below I have uploaded front and back cover with page illustration of the Leamington and Warwick Tramway book.
Sorry they came out side ways.

margaret
28-09-2019, 03:13 PM
This book is I bought about The Shops of Royal Leamington Spa.

All the books were signed copies.

margaret
28-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Another lovely little book I bought a few years back on Leamington's Past, in an antiquarian book shop in Smith St. Warwick.. (the shop isn't there now).

margaret
28-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Another lovely little book I bought a few years back on Leamington's Past, in an antiquarian book shop in Smith St. Warwick.. (the shop isn't there now).

Glimpses of our Local Past , Leamington. 1800 - 1894
by John Charles Manning

rebbonk
28-09-2019, 05:57 PM
I love rummaging in old book shops. I've pulled up some real nuggets and at seriously low prices.