PDA

View Full Version : Paul O'Grady show.

Sandman
27-03-2006, 04:55 PM
I never found him funny as Lilly Savage, I find him even less funny as 'Just another Gay TV presenter'. Is anyone else bored of the 'they're camp so they must be funny' mindset that seems to dominate TV at the moment?

Nothing against gay people, I just don't see what's so funny about camp people, I find them boring and predictable.:confused:

Crunchie
28-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Quite agree - and as for that thing with the buck teeth on the Friday Night project well he needs putting down................painfully!!!!!:D

cathidaw
29-04-2007, 11:19 PM
this reply is a bit late
but I must admit although I have always found Julian Clary was a big yawwwwn, he is perfect in this new-(ish)
doggie-training show.
I also have the feeling that these people are loners in the real world--including Paul O'Grady

p.s. Name dropping----

I met Danny Larou (wrong spelling but who cares)3 years ago when he was doing a one night show at the Bedworth Civic Hall . He actually bought some pictures from my then shop. He was taking his hairless dog for a walk in the park --he was hairless too-- and Ithink he was bored and wandered in. I wasnt sure if I knew him so I said "Ithink I've seen you before" but before I'd finished saying it I remembered and we had a chat, he asked if there was anything to do in Bedworth. I said no- just pubs.
Ifelt sorry for him -he looked such a lonely little chap-quite pale and ordinary he's quite small--not the larger than life figure we all know and...........
I asked him why Bedworth and he just shrugged.

Ialso met Ruby Murry there. She was always sulky.
Anyone remember her?

cathidaw
16-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Now Lex -calm down, it finished on Friday
Icannot believe how condescending he is ,trying to make people believe he is no different to when he was scraping a living and still, as he puts it'the same as you lot.' His feigned chummy-ness, clumsiness and stupidity really riled me.
I had to watch it- mesmerised because it was such trash.
I noticed most of his audiences were pensioners-probably captives brought for a day out from old peoples homes.
At least Richard and Judy have 'sensible' things to talk about.
Anyone watch eggheads?
Ilove that programme -and the eggheads are so aggravating