PDA

View Full Version : Railways of Warwickshire

Mike
26-03-2006, 09:55 PM
First may I say how pleased I am to see a forum for the local area. I wish it all success in the future.

I am part of a very small group recording the history of the county's railways from 1838 to 1968 (the end of steam in this country). We have so far populated about 80% of the 180 stations with around 3500 images.

Whilst some stations are adequately portrayed others are not. We are therefore seeking help to expand this unique record of the county's history. If you have or know anyone who could help please contact me at mike@warwickshirerailways.com .

We are also seeking people’s recollections and information that hopefully will give the site another dimension. The URL for the site is:

http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/

If you note any inaccuracies, broken links etc please let me know. With over 3500 pages it is impossible for us to check for these.

Thanks

Mike

Simon
27-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Have you checked Stratford Records office? It's situated just to the side of Shakespeare's birthplace museum, they have a huge catalogue of old articles and images. If you haven't checked already, I'm sure you can find something there of use.

Mike
29-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi Simon

I didn't know there was a records office next to the birthplace museum. I will go and have a look.

Many thanks

Mike