PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a moan

Finebyme
27-10-2017, 02:17 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/E2HWYkA2auzFm/giphy.gif

Why is it come winter months you can't buy modest swimwear, well it is very limited, I can't find what I am looking for locally. I was looking at the Islamic modest swimwear online, some of it seems ok, but what I want is sold out. I want to start water aerobics exercises at the swimming baths, for the over 55's.

Similarly in the summer months it is a challenge to find a pair of slippers, like no one wears slipper in the summer!

rebbonk
27-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Around the house I rarely wear anything on my feet.

I used to use a pair of cut down old jeans for swimming; but it's been that long since I ventured near a pool not only do I not know where they are, but I'll bet a week's pension that they no longer fit me.

Finebyme
05-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Oh, here we go, more fireworks! As if there wasn't enough last night.

rebbonk
05-11-2017, 06:35 PM
Like being in Beiruit here. I always thought it was illegal to let fireworks off on a Sunday?

Finebyme
05-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Like being in Beiruit here. I always thought it was illegal to let fireworks off on a Sunday?

Can't say I've heard of that rebbonk. People don't take any notice of by-laws anyway.

rebbonk
06-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Certainly as a child we were never allowed fireworks on a Sunday. It would either be a Saturday or a Monday. I think it was something to do with Sunday being 'The Lord's' day. - But times change, Sunday isn't seen as anything special these days.

margaret
24-04-2020, 02:21 PM
Because Asda is local to me, 10 minute brisk walk through the park, I thought I'd do a bit of shopping this morning, (around 10:30) instead of trudging into town. When I arrived, there was a great long queue stretching round the blooming car park! So I promptly turned back homewards again fuming at the whole ridiculous way Asda are going about things! I then thought I'd go into town by bus, but then realised I didn't have my bus pass on me. So just had to make do with smaller local shops for some items I could get by with till Saturday when I shall go into town where you can just walk in to Marks & Spencers or Tesco, both have a much better and efficient system.

I can't understand why people with cars queuing up for an for anything up to an hour , instead of abandoning that stupid queue and driving elsewhere more more efficient. All standing there like a long line of sheep!

margaret
24-04-2020, 02:27 PM
I must say Marks & Spencers and the Co-0p are very good to shop in. No panic or queuing.
I just made a wrong decision to go to Asda this morning. Never again!

rebbonk
25-04-2020, 12:29 AM
I've not used ASDA for years.

On Monday Tesco was an absolute breeze just before lunch. No queuing and the place was almost empty.