PDA

View Full Version : Whew... it's hot!

Shizara
20-07-2006, 11:56 AM
How is everyone coping? Have encountered some incredible temps onboard the trains of late. The aircon simply isn't handling it. I think Kwik Save must have forgotten to pay it's water bill. Haven't been able to buy bottled water there of late nor cans of regular cola for that matter. Only one thing for it... break open the tinnies :beerchug: I'll put mine in the fridge for when I return from heigh ho-ing at the saltmine... Have a good one!

Shizara
22-07-2006, 09:53 AM
It's good when companies are able to relax dress standards in accordance with the weather... but, :yikes: no paddling pool? How remiss of them. Could you try for stress leave due to the non availability of a staff paddling pool for cooling off?

Shizara
24-07-2006, 07:04 AM
.... arranges for the train to drop me off at your place of work..... pass on the burger though...

chillitt
25-07-2006, 09:58 PM
got to be chilli...:rolleyes:

Shizara
27-07-2006, 08:56 PM
nooo... mardy sauce (tomato)

Shizara
01-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Onions? Hmm no.. in fact, onions are useful for those with a small boat. Feed someone up on them and hang them over the back. Should scoot the boat along quite well. More environmentally friendly than using petrol or diesel motors ;-) Rain? Yes, definitely seen a couple of puddles of late, anyone for puddle jumping? :yippee:

cathidaw
31-08-2007, 12:26 AM
replying --- a bit late but who cares---about trains.
On 10th August Iwent to Devon by Virgin trains ,from Coventry changing at Birmingham for Exeter, . the first train was ok but the second had the heating on and no ventilation . The day was HOT and every time we stopped at a station everyone got up-well nearly everyone--and moved towards the doors for a breath of air. 'They' apologised profusely and said that the train we were on was not the proper one--that had been held up for 45 minutes somewhere along the line, so they had brought one in which had been out of service for a while--to save us waiting longer.
I was quite exhausted by the heat when I arrived, but pitied a couple with 2young children and a baby, who looked quite frazzled when I left the train.