PDA

View Full Version : Favourite TV Programmes

Lex
14-10-2017, 07:11 PM
One of my current favourite TV programmes is 'Ancient Aliens'. It always makes me feel better to sneer at the gullible fools who believe in that kind of rubbish.

rebbonk
14-10-2017, 07:23 PM
To be fair, I'm not much of a TV watcher, apart from news bulletins. I prefer a good book.

rebbonk
14-10-2017, 07:47 PM
I will admit to watching Taggart when it's on and I'll also watch The Sweeney if it's on during the day.

cathidaw
14-10-2017, 10:48 PM
I will admit to watching Taggart when it's on and I'll also watch The Sweeney if it's on during the day.

I've been watching 'Hetty Wainthrop Iinvestigates
and
JESSE STONE, based upon books by Robert B. Parker. I've just bought the first book in the series called Night Passage (American cop mysteries.) for 1.50 brand new.

I buy my books from ABE books .com at amazing prices.Some are new and anything from 99p
SOME HAVE BEEN USED, WHICH IS NO WORSE THAN HAVING A LIBRARY BOOK.
Bought all my J B PRIESTLY from them.mostly new reprints from around £2.00 each.

rebbonk
15-10-2017, 08:40 AM
I've used ABE books before. I bought a Ken Wallis (autogyro designer) book from them. Not only was it unread, it was a signed copy. - I was more than pleased.

Lex
21-07-2018, 09:40 PM
I'm working my way through the 1st series of 'Star Trek: Discovery' at the minute. It's the best spin off of the franchise I've seen - a lot better then the bland, sanitised rubbish that's been produced previously (although 'Enterprise' was quite good).

rebbonk
22-07-2018, 09:44 AM
None of the Star Trek programmes worked for me. I don't know why as when the original series was aired I was still an avid sci-fi fan.