PDA

View Full Version : Will the smoking ban effect you?

Reggie
24-03-2006, 09:27 PM
As an ex-smoker who sometimes gets drunk and ends up smoking anyway, I can't wait for the ban to take place! I went to Ireland a while back, and because smoking is already banned there, I didn't even feel the urge to smoke while drunk!

I think it is the best thing all round, even friends who still smoke themselves agree. Not only that but we don't have to come home stinking like a cuban tabacco harvest any more!

I say huzzah!

Sarah
26-03-2006, 06:24 PM
I say huzzah too!

That's speaking as a full time smoker as well, I know this will be a huge help next time I try to give up. I alwasy fail because I see everyone else smoking, and I end up having a ciggy myself. Out of sight, out of mind as they say.

Hasn't this law just come into effect in Scottland? It will be interesting to see the results, there's bound to be one or two people who won't take it lying down.

Shizara
09-12-2006, 01:39 PM
As a non smoker I generally tend to avoid pubs. I like to have a drink but not keen on the wheeze from smoke inhalation once I get to bed - after a shower to remove the smell that lingers. So, rather than complain after being in a pub about the smoke, the wheezing etc I find it easier to avoid going there in the first place.

Pubs / drinking /smoking traditionally have gone hand in hand. Rather than see a smoker's pleasure taken away altogether totally separate environents would be nicer. That leaves pub users the freedom to choose where to drink in the pub.

Leofric
09-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm a non smoker, and I can't stand smokey places, so avoid pubs/bars as much as possible. Can't wait for the ban, but I think I'd rather they allow pubs/clubs to have air conditioned smoking areas. This government isn't going to be happy until they've turned Britain into a police state.

Will
09-12-2006, 02:08 PM
I think it's a good thing, most smokers will tell you themselves that their one weakness when trying to give up, is when they're having a drink. I've been to America where the ban has been in force for a few years now, and people by and large are much happier with smoke free bars.

cathidaw
27-02-2007, 12:18 AM
I have just read a book about a woman==true story Who travelled by train around america and her experiences as a compulsive smoker
She subtitles it 'travelling and smoking around America with interruptions' (for a smoke.
) Really worth a read.
Called 'Stranger on a train' by jenni Diski

chillitt
27-02-2007, 01:16 AM
I don't smoke any more, I don't go in pubs much, and others smoking doesn't bother me in the least, so, no, I dont think it will change my life..:D