PDA

View Full Version : Join this forum you Guests!

Sarah
24-03-2006, 06:33 PM
There seem to be a lot of guests coming to the site and not registering. WHY NOT! It's a great site, and I think you should all join now. :p

I'm off to win my £15 anyway, I'm sure I can get 5 people to sign up and use the forum.

Sandman
24-03-2006, 07:20 PM
I've noticed a lot of the guests seem to be search engine spiders, while not actually useful as members, they should help this site get indexed on all the search engines. Which is definately a good thing, as it means more people will find this site.

I know everyone is desperate for this site to succeed, but it's not going to happen overnight. The best thing you can do is send people this way, just like in the competition. I'll be doing my bit, but I wont' be doing it for the money.

OK, £15 would be nice. :P

chillitt
24-03-2006, 11:58 PM
since most of the search engines use links now, why not post a few to other forums you use or other warwickshire based sites...

Will
25-03-2006, 07:07 AM
I've already written to about 50 odd sites asking if they'd be interested in a link exchange, I've had one or two successes. Especially Warwickshire county council, who've very generously put a permanent link to this site on theirs. :)

I'm pretty confident already, that when google updates it's index, this site should sit quite highly for searches for 'Warwickshire'. It's already on the first page for 'warwickshire online', which I'm very please about. :)

Sandman is right when he says patience is the key. :)

kevthedrummer
26-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi Guys,
I will happily put a link to this site from our website, if you do the same, we are all in Warwickshire, so should support each other.
Kevin
www.beyondrecognition.info

Will
26-03-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm happy to link to you, I'll do that first thing tomorrow. Thank you kindly Kev. :)

kevthedrummer
26-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks Will,
I will sort you link tomorrow too.
Cheers,
Kevin

kevthedrummer
26-03-2006, 10:41 PM
How come no one else has put their pic up on their profile?
Come on the Beautiful people of Warwickshire....lets see ya !

Will
27-03-2006, 11:31 AM
I keep meaning to do mine, you've inspired me to do it now Kev. :)

kevthedrummer
04-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi Will,
Just to let you know that there is now a link from our website to this one. Hopefully pulling in more people to look and take notice of Warwickshire online.

Will
05-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Thank you Kev, that's brilliant news.

We've had our first google ranking today, so hopefully that should bring in a little extra traffic too. :)

Shizara
26-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Hmm.. I had a very large website, it was mostly where learnt to write html using !Edit on my first computer which was a wee Acorn. The people that hosted it closed down so it isn't up anymore. I really ought to tidy it up, fix the links that are now broken for various reasons and add this one. It just might fit on my ISP site. Very much a case of food for thought and the mental processes are now ticking over on this one.

Will
26-04-2006, 09:22 AM
That would be brilliant if you did Shiz. Wow Acorn computers, what happened to them?

I still have my ZX Spectrum somewhere. :)

Shizara
26-04-2006, 12:35 PM
I don't have the A4000 anymore but the RISC OS - now running RO4 is alive and well. RISC OS is till around, some of us still using them though it is fair to say they do not enjoy the popularity they once had. I spod (chat) on a site that has RISC OS users who, like myself use Windows as well and those who have owned Acorn etc in the past so are familiar with them. Sadly my RISC OS browser cannot deal with badly written JavaScript and gets all paranoid producing an error with the mistake in it. Whereas Windows browsers don't appear to care about such minor details and merrily ignore the error ;-)

Bubblychick
26-04-2006, 01:16 PM
I have to agree with my fellow message board colleagues here..

to make this website a success and meet loads more friends
all you guests that are browsing come and join us.

We're very friendly, all new here and won't bite.

Go for it.

Bubblychick

Madhatter
06-09-2006, 10:32 PM
It's not members you need it's members who post and start new threads that you need. People join, read and don't comment. Surely you people must have some sort of comment on most of the threads on here.

Will
07-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Rome wasn't built in a day as they say, we're doing great though. We get new and active members joining bit by bit, and the more people do, the more likely others are likely to join. It was always going to be a slow process to start with, but it's happening.

I will continue to find new sites to link with and develop ties with, new groups who could use a forum. It's all good, and it will all work out. :)

Shizara
07-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Will is absolutely right and with a foundation of members like yourselves that are active and clearly enjoy the forum then that in itself is an attraction for potential new members.

Madhatter
11-09-2006, 11:39 PM
I'll post it on the north of the county forums atherstone and nuneaton that leofric thinks they're pikey, I'm sure they'll come n join. Maybe allan lloyd will join if he's not away in his caravan lol.

Sarah
20-09-2006, 03:45 PM
I should listen to my own words here....I've been looking at the site but not logging in and posting anything recently :o ....anyway, the sites gets and looks better all the time, I just can't understand why more people aren't joining?

:blink:

Madhatter
20-09-2006, 04:28 PM
I can understand why sarah. I'll no longer be linking to this forum because I can't link back.

optrex
27-09-2006, 02:19 PM
I can understand why sarah. I'll no longer be linking to this forum because I can't link back.

Mad - As a newb I'm confused as to why you can't link back. Are you able to explain?