PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever speeed dated?

Sarah
22-03-2006, 11:28 AM
I've been tempted to do this for a while, it seems like a good way to meet people. I'm only worried there'd be a lot of pressure on people; I was wondering if anyone here has tried it, and what it was like?

chillitt
22-03-2006, 02:14 PM
i went on a speed date once, didn't realise it was a speed date till she'd gone..:( .

paul2006
22-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Hi Sarah, I had thought of speed dating, but,after talking to a colleague i changed my mind.
He said "you'd be better off sat at a bar with 30 quid in your hand and buying all the women at the bar a drink"! Synical? I'm not sure, but would prefer a "normal" date!;)

Abbie
23-03-2006, 03:25 PM
SOunds like a good deal for us girls. ;)

dynamite joe
02-04-2006, 06:36 PM
did speed dating with about 2000 people once, that was an interesting experience. new in town!!!:) so any smaller scale events happening?

Will
02-04-2006, 06:45 PM
:Welcome: Joe.

2000 people? Surely you didn't meet everyone you could have in one session? That would be war speed dating. :)

I know of one that was tried out in the Shakespearience in Stratford, I don't know if they carried it on though.

Miss Annaphylactic
05-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Yep - we tried one over the summer using a company called The Dating Angels. It was not received too well.

A friend of mine also started a business doing speed dating events mainly in Leamington Spa and Kenilworth. The Leamington ones were held at Mumbai Bluu and were constant sell outs - they then tried to do a night in Stratford at Shakespearience and there were no takers at all (this was Spring 05)!

I think the big problem with Stratford speed dating is the size of the town - everyone knows everyone and there is an element of being embarrassed of bumping into people that you see all the time in the town.

Got dragged to a night a few years ago at Bubbles in Leamington and almost all the guys were from Coventry and Nuneaton. Very bizarre.

It's a shame they don't kick off in Stratford- but maybe it's the kudos involved with 'speed dating'... perhaps having Singles Nights (I spotted The Fox in Leamington had one in part of the bar a few weeks back when I was out for a drink and it seemed quite popular) or some kind of 'meet new people in the area' thing without the cheese of dating. Oh I dunno... people do get stuck in their own little groups a bit here.

Anna

Simon
05-09-2006, 07:47 PM
That's a shame it didn't work out. The trouble with Stratford is that nobody does really know anyone else, well not outside their group. Many people I know from Stratford, all comment on how cliquey it can be. I don't know what the solution is however.

Speed-dating
28-09-2006, 09:12 PM
It's a fantastic giggle you really ought to give it a go. There is an event coming up at the Slug and Lettuce in Leamington Spa. I've been a couple of times before and always had a great night and met some lovely people.

Details of the event this month:

The latest way to meet and date new people. A great night of fun and flirting.

Monday 16 October
The Slug and Lettuce, Warwick Steet, Leamington Spa
7.30 pm onwards
Book your tickets now: at the bar, by calling 0161 494 7077 or online at http://www.boymeetsgirlspeeddating.com/

Visit the website for more details - you won't regret it!
:p