PDA

View Full Version : Sex education at an early age.

Muppet
22-03-2006, 09:59 AM
I know this is a bit of a serious debate for such a young forum, but I'm watching a programme on C4 right now which makes a very compelling case. They believe children as young as 10 (I think) should be taught sex education, and that it should be consistant, and compulsory.

The only counter argument seems to be that parents don't want their children loosing their innocence so early. But I have to ask, does teaching a child about sex remove their innocence? I don't think so at all, and we only have to look at Holland (which has both one of the lowest teenage pregnancy rates, and one of the lowest levels of STDs), which have sex education from an early age.

The worst part is, that the people in power don't even seem prepared to consider this. Why are we so behind the times?:confused:

Abbie
23-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Personally, I think it should definately be done from an early age. Some people say it teaches children how to have sex, so they have sex sooner. But I think that is a load of cobblers. All the evidence shows that early sex education works, what will it take to make people realise this?