PDA

View Full Version : What a great idea !

cathidaw
20-07-2017, 12:32 PM
[]I am stunned at the great wisdom of our Government.How do they come up with these flights of imagination.Why can't we do the same?

I think I went to the wrong school. I could never think up an idea like their latest.

Why not build houses on the flood plains.Especially the really bad ones which devastated all those proletarian homes. .

Wow.
What do you lads think of that?Bet you couldn't have thought that one up.

rebbonk
20-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Sadly this has been going on for a long while now. The powers that be claim to be putting in 'defences' but all too often they simply move the problem elsewhere.

Speaking personally, I'd never knowingly buy such a property: but I guess if you're from outside the area you might not know, though a solicitor's search should show up potential problems. - I bet very few do though!

The other question I keep asking (and I don't get any sensible answers) is why do we need all these properties if we intend controlling immigration properly?

Lex
20-07-2017, 07:40 PM
The other question I keep asking (and I don't get any sensible answers) is why do we need all these properties if we intend controlling immigration properly?

We've got to keep the building industry going! I've been wondering, for some years now, where all the people are going to come from to fill these houses; very few properties in the Stratford area seem to be bursting at the seems.

rebbonk
21-07-2017, 09:27 AM
The property market is being artificially manipulated because it's one of the instruments that runs the economy. We no longer back the country's wealth with gold reserves, but partially by property. But, the property market is a bubble and all bubbles eventually burst, as history has proven time and time again.