PDA

View Full Version : Is Leamington Full of Chavs?

Lex
04-07-2017, 05:25 PM
I haven't noticed a particular chav problem in Leamington; has anyone noticed?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/leamington-branded-full-chavs-coventry-13277628

rebbonk
04-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Parts of Leamington (like any other city/town) have always been a touch iffy. But any increase in undesireables won't be from Coventry, as we've still got ours.

Finebyme
04-07-2017, 06:33 PM
I like shopping in Leamington , it is a lovely, pleasant gentle town in the day time, but
Leamington seems to come alive at night with the younger generation/students going out friday night's weekends, but not chavy gang sort. We don't get much trouble at all. We hear of the odd fight or skirmish coming out the pubs, like anywhere I guess, but I wouldn't say there were unruly chavs kicking around the streets.
I used to live in an area where there were students backing on to me they would have parties most weekends, but if you spoke to them and asked them to keep the noise down they were generally quite civil and apologetic. We did have one or two all nighters though you could hear the music but it was turned down. That is the trouble with living near the centre of any town.
I don't even know if there are any rough pubs in town as I don't go in any, unless very rarely I might pop in for a coffee while waiting for a bus. They recently done up the Jug & Jester and have renamed it The Old Library, it does look nicely fitted out. There is one other pub in the Brunswick area that always looks a bit dodgy , and that is the Railway Inn. Not that I hear of any murders going on or anything like that, Hahahaaa! but it looks a bit of a dodgy hole.