PDA

View Full Version : Scam Workmen in Nuneaton & Bedworth

Lex
21-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Be on your guard: http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/conmen-target-residents-in-nuneaton/story-30218322-detail/story.html

rebbonk
21-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Hill Top is predominantly council properties. (My granddad lived there.) Why would anyone part with money to the local authority when they pay rent? - My bet is that some confused old pensioner has been ripped off!

cathidaw
26-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Hill top has many private houses. Mostly on the main road wher two of my friends live..but a lot of the council properties were bought and are well maintained.
The article did not say the resident concerned lived in a council house, and and if he did I don't think he would have been willing to pay the council cash on the doorstep.
I get a few scammers who tell me my trees need cutting down a bit. One tried to prove that they were suffering from honey fungus and needed immediate treatment--chopping down--at a cost of £400-half the cash upfront, and he'd kill the roots for nothing-generously saving me£50.! !
My tree surgeon was trained at Kew and after 40 years knows a thing or two.One of his clients in the Long Shoot fell for it and they cleared off after trimming one tree.
We have to be wary.