PDA

View Full Version : Service Cuts at George Eliot Hospital

Lex
02-12-2016, 09:50 PM
I'd heard about proposed savings in the county's NHS; looks like this is the first of them: http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/shock-plans-to-close-a-e-maternity-and-children-s-care-at-nuneaton-s-hospital/story-29949813-detail/story.html

rebbonk
03-12-2016, 09:32 AM
It looks like quite a large project has sprung up to prevent this happening.

To my mind, taking services from Nuneaton to Walsgrave is a non starter. Apart from the simple logistics of actually getting there and parking, Walsgrave A&E just couldn't cope.

I accept that something needs to be done with the NHS, but I'm not sure that cutting essential services is the way to go. I'd rather see a lot of 'add on' services (breast augmentation, tattoo removal etc.) removed from the menu and I'd like to see those from abroad that ought pay for using the services charged properly.

Lex
03-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Something definitely needs to be done. Introducing a charge to see your GP is touted occasionally; perhaps charges for non-emergency treatment could be introduced, similar to the system dentists use?

Lex
10-01-2017, 06:17 PM
The local NHS is keeping very quiet about the 'savings' they're making - seems a bit fishy to me: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/nhs-bosses-block-attempts-reveal-12427802

rebbonk
10-01-2017, 09:51 PM
It does rather 'hum' doesn't it?

Lex
11-01-2017, 06:19 PM
No doubt those who run the trusts will be ok when all is done & dusted.

rebbonk
11-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Sadly,that is usually the case!

cathidaw
11-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Doesn't it just happen?.
We hear from the council that there is no money for desperate services so the vulnerable must suffer again.--then we find that 'they' found some money for some useless project.

This week's example -a joke

First we have the proposed closing of some of George Eliot departments.with all a and e cases going to Walsgrave , and
now we hear 'they've' happened upon £385,000 to make the councils new offices 'more comfortable'.

Which pot did they filch this money from? Could it be the NHS pot?

Every time I hear that more money is being put into the NHS I wonder where it will go as the amount is becoming obscene. Its time it was investigated and the whole system shaken up.There is so much waste.
It's also time some of the public were allowed to the council meetings where money spending is decided.

rebbonk
12-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Cathidaw,

A wise man once told me, that if I thought corruption at national government level was bad, I ought take a look at local government!